• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sherman Baldwin coming to Tampa?

sarasota native

Inactive
Inactive User
I was listening to little WTMY this week and Sherman Baldwin announced Friday that starting on October 11th he was going to be broadcasting to Tampa as well. Anybody know what station is picking him up?

I have no idea who he is, but do you mean this guy? Sounds like a great addition to the scene. ::)

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/sherman-baldwin-will-talk-about-his-past/17867/

Sherman Baldwin will talk about his past
Albany, N.Y., Times Union | February 10, 2010

As the Times Union has previously reported, former WROW (590 AM) afternoon host Sherman Baldwin has somewhat of a checkered past.
He committed fraud to help fund “The Crow,” a 1994 movie, and spent eight months in federal prison. “I cooked the books and devoted $1 million to the film,” Baldwin told me last year. “The movie would have died without me.”
He also has a rather complicated connection (as Tad Baldwin) to the Michael Skakel trial for the murder of Martha Moxley.
Baldwin, who was fired by WROW last year and who works now for WBRK in the Berkshires, has never really talked about his past on the radio.

Be nice gentlemen. He has explained himself on the show about the incident from 1994. It's a pretty long time ago. Don't you think?

Maybe he is the new morning host at WWBA, since apparently "The Big Show"
with Mike & Jo Jo is history. ::)

You only need to get excited if you're interested in a conservative wanna be fraud !!!

If Sherman moves into the Tampa market, I predict he'll enjoy as much success as another WTMY "host" who decided to move north.

Yes, Sherman Baldwin is the next FRANK FOSTER! :D

tampalistener said:
http://blog.timesunion.com/business/sherman-baldwin-will-talk-about-his-past/17867/

... Sherman Baldwin has somewhat of a checkered past. He committed fraud to help fund “The Crow,” a 1994 movie, and spent eight months in federal prison. “I cooked the books and devoted $1 million to the film,” Baldwin told me last year. “The movie would have died without me...”

A bold and ironic statement considering what happened to the star of that movie...

smedge2006 said:
If Sherman moves into the Tampa market, I predict he'll enjoy as much success as another WTMY "host" who decided to move north.

Yes, Sherman Baldwin is the next FRANK FOSTER! :D
Where is Frank, now?

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

baltazar said:
You only need to get excited if you're interested in a conservative wanna be fraud !!!

Please tell us more. You must know him to call him that. Until recently I had never heard of him so fill us in.

baltazar said:

Yes, please. And while you're at it, explain what a "conservative wanna be fraud" is?

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Inquiring minds want to know. For you to use those words - I assume you pick them carefully - you really must know a lot. Time to put up or shut up.

I didn't use that term... but I think those who use it could point to previous posts, and those linked articles, as their explanation...

"conservative"... no arguing that

"wanna be".... arguable as a description for somebody doing talk on the 33rd (or so) ranked station in the Sarasota market, and whose previous haunts were western Massachusetts and Albany, New York...

"fraud"... it may not be a precise, delicate or surgical term, but I would say it's hard to defend oneself against being described with that word, if one went to federal prison in connection with financial irregularities and admits to, in one's own words, "cook(ing) the books"

Smedge2006...Being a talk show host in the 33rd ranked radio market doesn't necessarily make him a "wanna be" any more than being a burger flipper makes someone a "wanna be" store manager. The guy likes doing talk radio and that's what he's doing

Being a "fraud" implies that he is something other than what he purports to be...I don't think he is doing that on his show...true... he does have a past that includes some wrong doing but that was then. The price was paid and should not define the man forever.

"Ye who is without sin...cast the first stone". and all that.

smedge2006 said:
I didn't use that term...

I don't want the answer from one who did not origionate the quote or previous posts.

"Baltazar" said it, "Baltazar" needs to clarify it.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom