• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Secret Sound Contest on Q99-7

I just took a driving trip through the Mid-Atlantic, and stations in several markets were running the Secret Sound contest. And Q99-7 announced they will be starting it on Monday. It appears to be the hot contest right now so some company apparently is syndicating it.

Secret Sound is not a new idea, but it had been many years since I last heard it.

I just took a driving trip through the Mid-Atlantic, and stations in several markets were running the Secret Sound contest. And Q99-7 announced they will be starting it on Monday. It appears to be the hot contest right now so some company apparently is syndicating it.

Secret Sound is not a new idea, but it had been many years since I last heard it.
Power 96-1 is doing it too.

It's a stupid contest, if you have a bad signal on your radio you are out of luck.

No its not. WE did it at another public radio station i worked at in alaska and it was one of the most popular contests we ever did

No its not. WE did it at another public radio station i worked at in alaska and it was one of the most popular contests we ever did

We did all kinds of sounds.. one time i did the freezer door at the local grocery store openign and closing. took a little creativity to get it done and not get noticed.

We'd did the contest 3x a day i think.... wed run a sounder when it was time for the contest, intro the contest, and play the sound a few times... and we took a certain # caller... and every time we played it and an incorrect guess was made, the jackpot that started at $88.10 would go up 88.10 with every wrong guess.

I wanna say the most we ever gave away was like $1500

WSB and the Morning Merry Go Round from the 1970s called and asked for it back. By the way, the answer was a candle wick trimmer.

Back
Top Bottom