• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Seattle TV News February 2018

...and soon you'll have the KOMO "Must reads" from Sinclair management telling us all about things that match the White House agenda. On the bright side, maybe that will eat up some of the "question of the day" emphasis.

Yeah, I don't think KIRO has run a "before 5pm" newscast since the 80's. (Some might remember they ran a three (3) anchor setup in the mid-70's with Jim Harriott, Kim Mariner, and Kathy Smith, who quickly returned to Portland. I have some videotape of a huge, snaking KIRO anchor desk from this era, needed for all the talent on set at one time!)

But yes, KOMO's 4pm has always had the question of the day, and that continues today.

OMG, yes, I remember that long anchor desk with three anchors!!! After Kathy left, didn't they have three men at the desk??? Plus, it was like they were sitting miles away from each other. (I guess at least they wouldn't all get sick, if one had a cold :) ).

OMG, yes, I remember that long anchor desk with three anchors!!! After Kathy left, didn't they have three men at the desk??? Plus, it was like they were sitting miles away from each other. (I guess at least they wouldn't all get sick, if one had a cold :) ).

Don't recall if they had three male anchors, but about 1979 they brought in out of town anchors that were not there very long. I'm a little hazy on this, but I think it might have been David Walker and Lois Hart, a married team that moved on to the debut of CNN in 1980. I could be mistaken, but someone out there knows. (They ended up as a continued married team in Sacramento, and now are retired.

If some have not seen this, it is worth repeating on this thread:

https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/article/Seattle-TV-anchors-Then-and-now-5553431.php

Kaci Aitchison has left Q13 after 9 years to be a stay at home mom to her baby daughter born last November. She mentioned she will freelance tho so likely you'll see her on air filling in from time to time.

Kcpq (Q13 Fox), owns Seattle mornings. Liz is the star, as I have already posted, and they should do everything to keep her here, because LA/NY/SF may be calling. Will that work? In most cases, not, but an interesting theme in coming years...Perhaps she will follow the Jean Enerson/Kathi Goertzen flight plan of sticking with the stations where you are a star. Time will tell.

From Northwest Broadcasters, "Jordan Wilkerson joins KING 5 and KONG-TV Seattle as the newest member of the KING 5 News weather team. She anchors weather on KING 5 newscasts on weekends at 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. as well as the 10:00 p.m. newscast on sister station KONG. Wilkerson joins the station from WCSC-TV Charleston, SC where she anchored both weather & traffic and was part of the team covering Hurricane Matthew in 2016 and 2015’s “Thousand Year Flood.” She got her start at KEPR-TV in Tri-Cities, WA as a feature reporter and weather anchor."

Jordan Wilkerson has been at KING for several months now. I remember when she was doing morning and weekend WX for Tri-Cities' KEPR. Annie Andrews (also ex-KEPR) is over at KCPQ as a reporter. Small world after all!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom