• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Seattle’s KOMO Plaza sells for $276 million

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/real-estate/seattles-komo-plaza-sells-for-276-million/

Interestingly the KOMO Studios was also used as exterior shots for Grey's Anatomy.

Not sure of the financial agreement between Sinclair and Hines Global, the latest owner of this property, and the new owner GI Equities out of San Francisco. I would guess KOMO will continue to operate out of this facility, atleast for now. But GI could certainly price them out if they wanted to. Last thing the market needs is a major tv station looking for a new studio location. Just ask KING.

Last edited:
I hope KOMO-4 doesn't leave Fisher Plaza! It has been their home for over 15 years. Just like KING, moving would be a disaster - having to set up new space, new sets, everything. I watched NWCN today (their days are now waning) and their news originated from a desk in a newsroom - instead of a real set. Not only that, but with the ceasing of the network, no regional or local advertisers anymore, just 800-number direct response ads.
Take it from KIRO-7 - no one has bought Broadcast House on 3rd/Broad yet! That has been their home for close to 50 years.

I hope KOMO-4 doesn't leave Fisher Plaza! It has been their home for over 15 years. Just like KING, moving would be a disaster - having to set up new space, new sets, everything. I watched NWCN today (their days are now waning) and their news originated from a desk in a newsroom - instead of a real set. Not only that, but with the ceasing of the network, no regional or local advertisers anymore, just 800-number direct response ads.
Take it from KIRO-7 - no one has bought Broadcast House on 3rd/Broad yet! That has been their home for close to 50 years.

Absolutely correct! Broadcast House is the last of a breed, I believe built in '69 and has served well. If it ever got sold it would be torn down for a larger more profitable building, just like the KING Broadcast Center on Dexter. BTW, Fisher Plaza, (or whatever it is known as of today), is the original site of KOMO's 1950's studios. A small mid-century building at the base of the space needle that served KOMO TV/AM for several decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOMO_(AM)#/media/File:Oldkomobuilding.jpg

Last edited:
Yep...their old sign off spiel used to say "with studios at 4th North and Denny Way in Seattle, Washington." Those had been the studios for KOMO at least since the 1950s, maybe even prior to ch 4 signing on (just 1000 AM).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom