• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SCOTT CONNER

G

GaryC

So I'm surfing the net and came across Scott Conner's site (www.scottconnershow.com), then I caught a wave over to Youtube.com, and found more of Scott Conner! The reason I bring this up is the "hind sight" issue. Scott Conner was the most personal, colorful, multi-topic host KFYI, (if not the Valley) has had in a long, long time. To prove that, did you know after Chick Boss, chickened out and threw Scott Conner under the bus, he hosted his own TV show on a CBS station! And, if that isn't enough, from what I've read, his nightly ratings rivaled Conan and Kimmel! So, let's think about this? Say what you might, but from what I've come up with; is a guy who took a failing time slot on a 50,00watt station (KKOB, his first hosting gig) to a top rated show, then made a big splash here on KFYI (and from I gathered, did better than expected, ratings wise) on his own, then created and starred on a network affiliate (CBS), taking on two late-night power houses... And we stood bye and let him get shafted??? Thus, Hind Sight some time sucks. Good old Uncle Scott still makes me smile and sigh when I think about his ability to make it seem like he was talking just to me. WE MISS YOU UNCLE SCOTT. And, please new KFYI, P.D., wake up and bring back Scott Conner and for that matter, Joe Crummy as well... Grin

WTF? A host who dares to try something original and apart from the standard Rush-aping, border-sealing, Bush-hugging, neocon fare?

Well, we can't have that now, can we... ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom