• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SAVING THE 70s---GREAT NEW 1 HOUR WEEKLY SHOW--FREE OF CHARGE

M

Mike Walker

Remember when radio was FUN? Imaginative? When you actually LISTENED because you were afraid you'd miss something? Well now there's a show like that once again. "SAVING THE 70s!"

I'm Mike Walker, a 34 year veteran of the "radio wars", and I would LOVE to place Saving the 70s on YOUR STATION. It's a weekly hour of non-stop fun...and not just music, but TONS of 70s sounds, memories, news-clips, etc...all mashed together at breakneck pace. Of course there's lots of 70s music. ALL OF THE HITS FROM THE 70s, not just the tiny percentage that survive on today's stations. Look, describing a radio show is like describing making love..."Uh...it's real good". Don't take my word for it. This is a link to a 'scoped aircheck of the first show. This is the actual show (edited for time, naturally)...what you'll actually get if you sign up.

http://www.theproductionroom.net/savingthe70sdemo.wma

So what's the catch? There isn't one. It's available free of charge, with no commercial content. It's actually costing me money to do the show. That's fine. I LOVE RADIO! My situation is this...I'm legally blind, and do radio production from my home studio (The Production Room). But that doesn't allow me to exercise all my "creative muscles". This does. Don't over-analyze it. You liked the demo, didn't you? Well e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] and let's get this party started! Shows will be delivered via CD each week, but I'm experimenting with the idea of making the show available as a download, and would appreciate your input on that. Let's rock 'n roll!

Mike Walker
Owner/Operator "The Production Room"
Wilkes County, NC, USA

My apologies to anyone who downloaded the demo before this (Sunday June 22) morning. I accidentally uploaded the lossly compressed file, which was HUGE. If you try again, you'll be taken to a MUCH smaller file...less than 2 1/2 megabytes...very easy to download, or stream.

I'd love to place the show on your station, and welcome your comments.

Mike Walker
The Production Room
Host "Saving The 70s"

[email protected]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom