• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Satellite receiver question

S

SuperQ

I have to point dish at a new site this week. I don't want to move my XDS from where it is 40 miles away until I know I'm solid.

Are there still any active carriers on the Starguide platform that will allow me to get the dish properly tweaked without having to disrupt what I've got now?

The last info I can find on Clear Channel Satellite is this.

2) Use the right arrow to navigate to “Manual Entry” and press Enter..
3) Change the Manual Entry Freq: to 1017800 KHZ and press Enter to save..
4) Change the Manual Entry Rate: to 06912000 BPS and press Enter to save..
5) Manual Entry VIT: remains at 2/3. Press Enter to exit the Carrier Menu..

With these parameters entered I get no lock on a known good satellite dish.

This info was from 2010. Can anyone supply a working frequency for CCCS today...perhaps from a sports network>

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure this is what you'll need (only one of my stations uses CC but I'm not there now to verify).

freq: 1017800
data: 6912000
2/3

The guy who is pointing the dish has a spectrum analyzer. He just wanted some assurance that I would get receiver lock before he left. Getting a satellite receiver to work with it is his idea.

Can't seem to get the Starguide to lock in, so I'm just going to carry an XDS over from the old place long enough to make him happy.

The old Starguides seem to be failing at a faster and faster rate. We're down to 2 from a pile of 7.
You may have a bad one.

Then there's the ones that were locked by Clear Channel. Can't change the carrier settings. Since they were off when CC changed them remotely to the new carries settings they're dead.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom