• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sandy

I have not listened yet, but I assume WTOP and WNEW are all over this. Has WNEW started simulcasting with any of their sister stations?

WNEW is being simulcast on:

1580 WNEW-AM (although the stream sounds like an FM or AM receiver)
106.7 WJFK-FM

I wonder if the rest of the CBS stations will join WNEW as the overnight hours approach?

I've checked in on WJFK-FM a few times today and I haven't heard them simulcast WNEW. Not saying that they weren't simulcasting at some point, but at least in the early afternoon they were separate, and they are separate again now. WJFK-FM seems to be mostly doing its own thing and telling people who want storm coverage to check out WNEW.

1500 is indeed carrying WTOP.

WPGC is simulcasting WUSA-TV 9, DC's Gannett-owned CBS affiliate.

WIAD is running updates from WNEW every half hour but it's not a full simulcast.

When I posted at 3:15 pm they were doing a simulcast. Maybe that was just for a limited time. I only listened for about 10 minutes.

I live in the Carolinas and am visiting family in Northern Virginia, being a radio nerd I googled News stations in the area once I knew this storm was going to be big. WTOP & WNEW have been all over coverage. I heard interviews with Mayors, power companies, Gov's, health officials, reporters all over the place, WOW.

Being a radio nerd I've been listening for a good amount of time today especially since the power has been out. Being an out of towner, coming from a market where there is NOTHING in terms of local coverage during storms, I'm extremely jealous.

From a Greensboro, North Carolina native, well done D.C., you've got two great radio stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom