• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

San Diego Radio Ratings: August 2023

Covering the survey period from Thu. 7/20/2023 thru Wed. 8/16/2023, age 6+ overall:

Magic 92.5 has a slight edge over Sunny 98.1 for the top spot.
Prime movers: KPBS, KSON + KLNV.
Major drops: KXSN, KFBG, KMYI, KYXY, KIOZ (4.7 in Mar., 3.0 in Aug.), XHTZ (dips to 2.9), XTRA-FM (2.3 in May, 1.5 in Aug.), XRST 107.7 (dips to 0.8).

I wonder what one of our posters thinks about Alt posting a full share lead over 91x.

I wonder if there’s a similar lead in 25-54.
as a 91X stan it hurts really bad, but this is what happens when you don't follow through fully with what everyone loved about A to XYZ (the variety of old and new), lessening the new music plays to 1 per hour, and spamming very specific classic hits. Alt 94.9's playlist is a bit similar to 91x with the gold, but they follow through a bit more with modern songs but also rotate new music more, I think that's what's successful about them.

KVIL dominating KEGL in Texas made sense. KEGL had been dropping the ball for years while KVIL made some specific playlist adjustments to target KEGL’s core audience and rapidly won them over.

This? KBZT isn’t doing anything new or notable. It’s just being a generic Audacy station. I wonder how much of it is simply 91X shooting themselves in the foot.

KVIL dominating KEGL in Texas made sense. KEGL had been dropping the ball for years while KVIL made some specific playlist adjustments to target KEGL’s core audience and rapidly won them over.

This? KBZT isn’t doing anything new or notable. It’s just being a generic Audacy station. I wonder how much of it is simply 91X shooting themselves in the foot.
simply shooting themselves in the foot to cater to a very specific audience who was getting their classics before the format flip anyway

Back
Top Bottom