• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Samantha Cortese moves up at KTLA

She anchored the 4pm streaming only News Hour at KTLA until yesterday (Monday) when the station sent the Karamo Show to overnights at 2:33am. It could be the final show syndicated show Channel 5 schedules in Daytime. Time will tell.

I've been thinking KCAL-TV would be an option to air these Syndication shows what KTLA-TV showed and what KDOC-TV showed that includes KCAL-TV should become The CW affiliate in the Los Angeles Market here are my suggestions:

Karamo
The Steve Wilkos Show
Forensic Files
Cheaters
Pawn Stars
Storage Wars
The Goldbergs
Young Sheldon
Last Man Standing
Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
Impractical Jokers
Full Measure with Sharyl Attkison
The Carbonaro Show
American Ninja Warriors
Championship Wrestling of Hollywood
Street Magic
Popstar! Today
The CW Programming

That's my suggestions hopefully it will happen sometime this year or in the fall

The time for KCAL becoming a CW O&O station (and even UPN before that) came and went a good awhile. Also, KTLA is effectively now a CW-owned station, since Nexstar is now the majority owner of the network (75-percent). Oddly enough too, as we know now they're both news-heavy stations, now with KCAL doubling their news output (now 13 hours weekday since the relaunch), while two-thirds of KTLA's weekday schedule is dedicated to news.

That said though, KCOP could use some additional programming of its own, besides simulcast Decades weekday mornings, showcase Fox's streaming networks (Soul and Weather) and being KTTV's dumping ground. Young Sheldon could go as a companion with Big Bang Theory, and you could pair Bob's Burgers with The Simpsons in late-nights (I think KTLA keeps Family Guy as long as possible). Eventually, I do think news will come back to KCOP, as in most of the other cities where Fox owns a second station, they do have additional newscasts on those stations. It wouldn't surprise me in the near-future if Fox challenges KCAL in prime time at 8 and 9, and put those newscasts on KCOP.

The time for KCAL becoming a CW O&O station (and even UPN before that) came and went a good awhile. Also, KTLA is effectively now a CW-owned station, since Nexstar is now the majority owner of the network (75-percent). Oddly enough too, as we know now they're both news-heavy stations, now with KCAL doubling their news output (now 13 hours weekday since the relaunch), while two-thirds of KTLA's weekday schedule is dedicated to news.

That said though, KCOP could use some additional programming of its own, besides simulcast Decades weekday mornings, showcase Fox's streaming networks (Soul and Weather) and being KTTV's dumping ground. Young Sheldon could go as a companion with Big Bang Theory, and you could pair Bob's Burgers with The Simpsons in late-nights (I think KTLA keeps Family Guy as long as possible). Eventually, I do think news will come back to KCOP, as in most of the other cities where Fox owns a second station, they do have additional newscasts on those stations. It wouldn't surprise me in the near-future if Fox challenges KCAL in prime time at 8 and 9, and put those newscasts on KCOP.

Here's my suggestions which I never thought about anything like this for example:

2. Meruelo Media Group Full-Power Television Stations KWHY-TV 22.1 or KBEH-TV 63.1 would be an good option flipping to an English language as The CW owned-and-operated West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market and to air these Syndication shows what KDOC-TV 56.1 showed and what KTLA-TV 5.1 showed if Nexstar Media Group would of buy Meruelo Media Group since these 2 stations transmitters are located atop Mount Wilson it also has a big coverage and a strong signal

2. Weigel Broadcasting Full-Power Television Station KVME-TV 20.1 and Low-Power Class A Television Station KSFV-CD 27.1 would be also an option flipping to an English language as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market and to air these Syndication shows what KDOC-TV showed since KDOC-TV 56.1 Independent station is gone forever and Syndication shows what KTLA-TV 5.1 showed instead continued airing Jewelry Television affiliate if Nexstar Media Group would of buy Weigel Broadcasting

3. KUSI-TV-K12PO-K03JB-D 51.1 would a third option to become as The CW West Coast Flagship Station in the Los Angeles Market and the San Diego-Tijuana Metropolitan area and to air these Syndication shows what KDOC-TV showed since KDOC-TV 56.1 Independent station is gone forever and Syndication shows what KTLA-TV 5.1 showed if Nexstar Media Group would of buy KUSI-TV-K12PO-K03JB-D 51.1 since KUSI-TV is carried on Spectrum (former Time Warner Cable) Channel 8 in Temecula and the entire Inland Empire areas

These are 3 options in the Los Angeles Market you agreed with my suggestions?

KTLA-TV should stop showing Family Guy because nobody watches that show overnight hours same thing with Friends, The Goldbergs, Last Man Standing, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars they should be eliminated from KTLA-TV because nobody watches these Syndication shows at overnight hours there might be a chance for KCAL-TV to pick up these shows or Meruelo's Full-Power Television Station KWHY-TV 22.1 or KBEH-TV 63.1 or even Weigel's KVME-TV/KSFV-CD 20.1 would flip to an English language to air the entire Syndication shows what KDOC-TV and KTLA-TV showed these stations would either be an option you agreed with my suggestions?

I've been thinking it would be an option for KBEH-TV 63.1 to air the entire Syndication shows what KDOC-TV and KTLA-TV show here's the old former KDOC-TV programming schedule that's my suggestions

Summer+2022+Program+Schedule.jpg

She anchored the 4pm streaming only News Hour at KTLA until yesterday (Monday) when the station sent the Karamo Show to overnights at 2:33am. It could be the final show syndicated show Channel 5 schedules in Daytime. Time will tell.
Watch they will introduce the ktla new 2PM news show

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom