• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Saga gets 1520 WIZZ/100.5 W263DE Greenfield

Saga has already applied to move both signals from the WIZZ site on Chapman Street to the WHMQ tower on Woodard Road. If the request is approved, the new 1520 kHz pattern will be ND with a daytime power of 1kW. (At present, the AM station is licensed to broadcast directionally with 10kW.)

Phil Drumheller's sale price was considerably lower than the $250,000 he had sought a couple of years ago. At that time, the WIZZ tower site had been appraised at $189,000. In all likelihood, it was not part of the deal.

Unrelated to the sale: the Greenfield Recorder reports that WIZZ has been off the air owing to a Verizon equipment failure.
According to Phil Drumheller, owner and operator of WIZZ, a circuit that sends the audio to the transmitter from the studio was “in jeopardy.” This circuit, Drumheller explained Monday evening, is controlled by Verizon.
https://www.recorder.com/Damaged-eq...nfield-s-WIZZ-Radio-off-the-airwaves-41777516

Last edited:
WIZZ is trying to raise $5,000 to be able to resume streaming . The website says all money donated is non-refundable. The station was sold to Saga, and should finalize soon. I assume the format will then change.

Is it right to ask for contributions with this in mind?

WIZZ is trying to raise $5,000 to be able to resume streaming . The website says all money donated is non-refundable. The station was sold to Saga, and should finalize soon. I assume the format will then change.

Is it right to ask for contributions with this in mind?

of course the format will change, its not sellable really.

And sure, its right to ask.. i assume WIZZ's old owner, Phil D wants to make it streaming only. .nothing wrong with that or for asking.

of course the format will change, its not sellable really.

And sure, its right to ask.. i assume WIZZ's old owner, Phil D wants to make it streaming only. .nothing wrong with that or for asking.
Shouldn't he be more upfront about that, as far as the future of it. Full disclosure, the station is sold, the AM/FM will be gone. I want to keep it going online, but I will need financial support. So there are no surprises , and listeners will know what to expect

Shouldn't he be more upfront about that, as far as the future of it. Full disclosure, the station is sold, the AM/FM will be gone. I want to keep it going online, but I will need financial support. So there are no surprises , and listeners will know what to expect

id be willing to bet that message is old and they simply havent updated the website

I wish him the best, he's a longtime broadcaster, Mass radio hall of famer. And has been able to keep WIZZ going all these years, even during COVID. Maybe he will still do his 2 hour morning show online only.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom