• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sacramento’s CapRadio Announces Layoffs

Home to our regular contributor Michael Hagerty. The article says it's mainly part timers, so hopefully Michael isn't affected.

Thank you, xkrx. I'm among the survivors, but it has been an extremely rough week. We lost friends and colleagues very suddenly on Wednesday.

I appreciate your posting the Radio Ink piece, but I'd also like to add our own coverage of the situation.

Public radio newsrooms have independence from management. We interview them like any other newsmaker, they have no input into a story other than what they will say on the record and they can and should expect to be questioned extensively in an interview.

They read and hear the story the same time you do---not one second sooner.

Our Sacramento Government Reporter, Kristin Lam, working with the same shock and grief as the rest of us, got that assignment and produced a report of great depth and clarity, and if you can spare three minutes to read it, I'd appreciate it personally as an acknowledgement of her hard work and talent, and I believe you'll learn considerably more from it.

And beyond this, I hope everyone here will understand if I don't comment publicly on this board.

PS: I begin a pre-planned nearly four-week vacation out of the country after my Wednesday afternoon (9/6) newscasts. So if you don't hear me on air or see me here on the board between then and Tuesday, October 4, it's that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom