• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

rumors

T

tchrfan

A friend of mine told me yesterday that The Buzz is claiming the impending demise ( i.e. change of formats) of 99X. Anybody have more info? What a huge mistake that would be!

> A friend of mine told me yesterday that The Buzz is claiming
> the impending demise ( i.e. change of formats) of 99X.
> Anybody have more info? What a huge mistake that would be!
>
It is what it is....a rumor. A pretty lame rumor according to my way of seeing things. Wouldn't waste anymore thought on that one.

biggest 99x changes will be in line-up

Jimmy Baron's contact is up in two months and he will probably be gone to another station and/or maybe a different market, especially considering his contentious relationship with Toucher.

Will 99x tweak or change their programming? I could see some tweaking, but I doubt they will do anything radical like flip to Hispanic music or anything like that.

Re: biggest 99x changes will be in line-up

> Jimmy Baron's contact is up in two months and he will
> probably be gone to another station and/or maybe a different
> market, especially considering his contentious relationship
> with Toucher.
>
> Will 99x tweak or change their programming? I could see some
> tweaking, but I doubt they will do anything radical like
> flip to Hispanic music or anything like that.
>
Contentious relationship? For the definition of a contentious relationship see Larry and Eric. Or Barnes and Baron but I don't think this one as that contentious. If they are willing to re-sign Jimmy he willl sign tension has never really harmed a radio show. Eric can put up with Larry for the money.

For contentious see the mac daddy of all sports talk shows in America. Mike and the Mad Dog on New York WFAN.They have been together for over 15 years and many of they were quite contentious but they survive because that paycheck is all the motivation they need. It might even added to the show dynamics.

> Jimmy Baron's contact is up in two months and he will
> probably be gone to another station and/or maybe a different
> market, especially considering his contentious relationship
> with Toucher.
>
> Will 99x tweak or change their programming? I could see some
> tweaking, but I doubt they will do anything radical like
> flip to Hispanic music or anything like that.
>

I hope Jimmy stays. I think the Toucher - Jimmy tendion is fun, but I definitely feel it. I love it when Toucher imitates Jimmy! Although I have noticed he doesn't do that much anymore. I really wish Fram would do an Afternoon show or just leave all together. She adds very little to the show.Certainly, she has not a damn bit of humor to add. I feel like she's just their as an FCC babysitter to make sure "the boys" don't cross the line. The day Crash got fired, all she had to say was to Crash " you disgust me". She really should be on Star 94 or some other P***Y station!

Re: biggest 99x changes will be in line-up *DELETED*

Post deleted by tchrfan

1. Welcome
2. Use the "delete" if you want to edit out a post.

> > A friend of mine told me yesterday that The Buzz is
> claiming
> > the impending demise ( i.e. change of formats) of 99X.
> > Anybody have more info? What a huge mistake that would be!
>
> >
> It is what it is....a rumor. A pretty lame rumor according
> to my way of seeing things. Wouldn't waste anymore thought
> on that one.
>
Rumor! It's a certainty...99X goes away soon. Pay your respects while you can.

Its kinda sad, I grew up listening to Power99 and 99X,
but to hear what the station has become..

Nah nah nah na!
Nah nah nah na!
Hey Hey!
Goodbye!

> > > A friend of mine told me yesterday that The Buzz is
> > claiming
> > > the impending demise ( i.e. change of formats) of 99X.
> > > Anybody have more info? What a huge mistake that would
> be!
> >
> > >
> > It is what it is....a rumor. A pretty lame rumor according
>
> > to my way of seeing things. Wouldn't waste anymore thought
>
> > on that one.
> >
> Rumor! It's a certainty...99X goes away soon. Pay your
> respects while you can.
>

Well, whatever eventually does happen to 99X, any changes cannot be as bad as the format on Buzz. That has to possibly be the worst sounding rock station I've ever heard. It's like they are stuck in 1999 and playing the most horrendous pimply-faced phoney grunge/punk. I didn't think it could get much worse than 99X in the late 90's/early 00's.

I was wrong.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom