• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rotating Anchor Assignments

Perhaps it's just the pandemic craziness or the need for a spreadsheet to keep track of anchor assignments at 3/5. However, I feel like anchor assignments are very fluid right now. It seems almost unusual to see the same anchors doing the news more then 2 or 3 days in a row. Someone is always on vacation or assignment. I've never seen the industry this unstable. Literally, it can be different pairing almost every night. Just a rant...

"Lead anchors" command a higher salary. By doing this, they are probably trying avoid having anyone at the "lead anchor" salary level.

Could be auditions for when Gray takes over. If TV is like many other industries, the new broom will sweep clean (I speak from experience). Those with anchoring experience will land on their feet, if not with Gray, then with someone else.

Could be auditions for when Gray takes over. If TV is like many other industries, the new broom will sweep clean (I speak from experience). Those with anchoring experience will land on their feet, if not with Gray, then with someone else.
I agree!!! I think the next three months are auditioning time for Gray. I also would not be surprised to see some choosing retirement at ownership change time. Some may be preparing to leave to other stations if they have not already. In my work experience in like situations (in another industry) the really in demand talent has already made their plans. Don't be surprised to see some of the 3/5 current team members pop up elsewhere over the next year or so.

I definitely agree. In regards specifically to 3/5, they also have a tendency to let many people go on vacation at the same time. We shall see what Gray does, but I doubt that there will be 7 meteorologists left when all is said and done.

One thing I've noticed on 3/5 is that many of the main anchors are seemingly not working 5 days per week. And some vacations have been frequent and long. For example, where on earth is Brandon Lee -- it seems that he's been off for a month now? Yetta seems to be there 3 days a week. Jared has been gone for a couple weeks at least.

Jaime and Nicole seem to be holding down the fort there.

And Brandon still isn't back. However he has been a part of their 'We'll Do Anything For Family' commercials.

And Brandon still isn't back. However he has been a part of their 'We'll Do Anything For Family' commercials.
Brandon Lee leaves Arizona's Family...

Brandon Lee leaves Arizona's Family...
...again. But I digress. :rolleyes:

Nothing against Lee. He's a good anchor, but objectively, he's been going through the motions (on-air) since his good friend Heather Moore left in July. My opinion, mind you.

Personally, I think Lindsey Reiser should've been promoted to full-time weekday anchor instead of Lee. But it all worked out for Reiser because MSNBC recruited her. Well-deserved promotion too! Lindsey is a class act and consummate professional. :cool:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom