• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rose Wright (Beth Rose) has died

M

MikeShannon914

Wow...this one hits close, too. Rose Wright, 20-year DFW radio vet, died Sept 25, 2011, at age 56. She was the former morning co-host with "Humble" Billy Hayes at KEGL ("The Rude Awakening," in the station's earliest days) and again with Hayes later at KTKS (the original Kiss-FM.) She also worked as "Beth Rose" at KNUS in the 70s, and again as "Rose Wright" later at KCDU (CD-107.5) and at the 2nd Oasis (107.5.) She was still living in the Dallas area, working in private industry. Her real name is Elizabeth Ann Sheppard, and was married for a time to Billy Hayes. Services pending; here's the obit link: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...th-Sheppard&lc=2251&pid=153844486&mid=4827701

Rose was part of the Z-97 morning team with news director Dave Tucker and DJ Brother Jon Rivers in 1979/1980. Once she understood Dave, who lived off-the-wall and made it seem like normal, she flourished and became a valuable part of our early-day efforts. While we've had no contact since then, may I wish her family well. Rose was a treasure!

Gary Mack
Program Director

So sad to hear. Not much I can add to what Gary and Mike have said. I have fond memories of the years I worked with Rose at KFJZ-FM ("Z-97") and later, after we flipped it to KEGL ("Eagle 97"). She was a beautiful woman (no doubt that had something to do with why Billy Hayes married her) and was as smart as can be. There wasn't a single moment when she was anything but a delight to be around and a joy to work with. Always had a smile on her face. And while she seemed reserved at first (no doubt a reaction to working in tight quarters with the off-beat Dave Tucker -- LOL!), once she came into her own, it was clear that this was a woman with a great sense of humor. A true pro in every way.

Prayers up to her family and loved ones.

RIP, Rose.

Randy Brown
aka "Christopher Haze"
Program Director, KFJZ-FM/KEGL-FM, 1980-1986

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom