• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rhythmic AC stations gonna go All Christmas or no?

Well I thought I'd watch this year but so far not one of these new rhythmic AC stations have gone all Christmas or played any Christmas music at all. I am wondering why - are they going to it on Christmas Eve? I would sure like to hear ALL UPBEAT Christmas music. Especially on the Movin' stations - if they can get rid of the boring, slow Christmas music and just play all upbeat Xmas stuff, that would be so great. Anyone who works for these kinds of stations, please pass it on to the music department. The only thing I have seen is an all holiday music channel from WISX Philly's 106-1.

It doesn't look like our local R/AC (WKSL 93.9 Kiss FM) will be playing any Christmas either, although, during its days as soft-rock outlet WRSN Sunny 93.9, the station was the official Christmas outlet. This year, other stations, namely H/AC outlet WRAL Mix 101.5 and oldies outlet WWMY Y102.9, are racing to fill in the Christmas void. WWMY, in particular, has a history of filling in the voids left by Clear Channel's format changes; in 2005 they took over the oldies format dumped by Clear Channel's WTRG Oldies 100.7 (now "classic rocker"--- if it can be called that--- WRVA "100.7 The River") three months before.

Movin 107.5 here in Dallas has been playing a few Christmas songs with the rest of their normal airplay..I have heard Wham's "Last Christmas" and Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is you"

I think Boyz 2 men-Let it Snow gets played on some rhythmic ACs, also Havent heard in years POINTER SISTERS-Do you here what I Hear...I love their version.... Other than that, and the ones mentioned above, their really arent very many Rhythmic Christmas songs. Christmas music tends to usually be slow and conservative and white bread, which is why mostly MAINSTREAM AC takes the all christmas route. Most of the Urban Christmas music was alot older, and fits in more at Jammin Oldies formats.

Movin 99.7 in Oakland/San Francisco played Christmas Music

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom