• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rewind TV and Me TV Plus

Rewind TV and Me TV Plus started in September 2021 and May 2021 respectively and I thought they would be available in more markets by now. Large markets like Boston (unless you can receive the Rewind affiliate from Providence OTA) , Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh have neither network. I would suspect the limited amount of subchannel space available could be part of the issue. Am I correct?

Rewind TV and Me TV Plus started in September 2021 and May 2021 respectively and I thought they would be available in more markets by now. Large markets like Boston (unless you can receive the Rewind affiliate from Providence OTA) , Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh have neither network. I would suspect the limited amount of subchannel space available could be part of the issue. Am I correct?
More likely how much revenue they would give up to the station carrying them. In Washington D.C. MeTV moved from a .3 of the local Fox station, and moved to a LPTV. Probably so they can keep more of the ad revenue.

Also some Nexstar stations waiting for Court TV contract is up to add it like FOX4KC. Don't know why nobody has like Charge TV yet in KC area.

Rewind TV was just recently added to WLMT 30.8 in Memphis. I haven't seen Me TV Plus come up yet anywhere in my area. It looks like it would make more sense for WLMT to pick up Me TV Plus since they already have Me TV, and for Rewind TV to go to WREG 3 since they have Antenna TV.

MeTV plus is only on most Weigel owned stations. If you don't have a Weigel owned station in your market the odds of getting MeTV plus are pretty much nil right now.

More likely how much revenue they would give up to the station carrying them. In Washington D.C. MeTV moved from a .3 of the local Fox station, and moved to a LPTV. Probably so they can keep more of the ad revenue.
more like Weigel moved it from an affiliate to a O&O station (they own the LP station that carries it)

That’s the situation here in Houston, where Rewind TV is missing from Nexstar owned KIAH, which continues to run Court TV redundantly along with Scripps/Ion KPXB.

Yes KC gets Court TV also on KPXE. Besides also Antenna TV,The Grio,This TV on lower power KCKS-LD.
I wonder why Scripps hasn't pulled CourtTV from the Nexstar TV stations, or why Nexstar hasn't pulled them & replaced them with RewindTV yet? In Kansas City, MO, CourtTV can still be seen on WDAF-TV, Ch. 4.3 (Owned by Nexstar.), in 480i & on KPXE-TV, Ch. 50.2 (Owned by Inyo Broadcast Holdings, which Scripps has partnered with.), in 720p. I am guessing that they are waiting for contracts to expire.

Or waiting for WDAF to get CW so they have another channel to put Sub Channels like Rewind TV,Charge. Another thing about Court TV is that CCI can't make up mind to which one to keep in Lineup.
Also about KC other Hearst have Heroes and Icons and Estrella but KMBC or KCWE not yet.

I wonder why Scripps hasn't pulled CourtTV from the Nexstar TV stations, or why Nexstar hasn't pulled them & replaced them with RewindTV yet? In Kansas City, MO, CourtTV can still be seen on WDAF-TV, Ch. 4.3 (Owned by Nexstar.), in 480i & on KPXE-TV, Ch. 50.2 (Owned by Inyo Broadcast Holdings, which Scripps has partnered with.), in 720p. I am guessing that they are waiting for contracts to expire.
you answered your own question....contracts

Last Sep Nexstar got rid of all Scripps Diginets which a lot were already on ION WXMI. 3 took Bounce and removed Court TV to ION I wish they put Bounce to WZPX and WXMI Fox17 kept Court TV. I'm kinda surprised that Fox17 still has Antenna TV and that hasn't moved to WOTV or Wood TV subchannle I thought that contract would be up by now Antenna TV has been on Fox17 since day 1 that was a Tribune station before being sold to Nexstar.

In the Hartford/New Haven market Bounce moved from Nexstar's WTNH 8.2 to one of the subchannels of ION WHPX/26. COX Cable however does not carry the feed from WHPX's sub channel instead carrying the national feed on Channel 107.

Court TV is still on Tegna's WCCT-TV 20.2 even though since last year it's been on the sub channel of ION WHPX/26.

Grit was replaced on Nexstar's WCTX 59.2 last year by Comet after Grit moved over to a sub channel of ION WHPX. Now we have Comet on 2 channels in the market 59.2 and 20.3 and on 2 channels on COX - 803 and 818.

When ME-TV Plus debuted last year it was initially on WZME 43.1 Bridgeport, CT/NYC which had been aquired by Weigel after being owned by NRJ for years. WZME has been on COX 75 for years and before that on 8. However when WZME flipped from ShopHQ Health to ME-TV Plus WZME's signal was blocked on COX. When Weigel flipped WZME to StoryTV when that network debuted earlier this year WZME was unnlocked on COX. ME-TV Plus moved to WZME 43.2 which COX doesn't carry. COX does not carry out-of-market sub channels. WZME is considered a NYC market atation. WGBY the PBS station out of Springfield, Mass is carried on COX 17, but not any of their sub channels.

COX also refuses to carry LPTV stations, so instead of the Weigel owned WHCT 35.1 out of Hartford for ME-TV we get that national feed on COX 153 and we don't get any of the sub channels on Channel 35 which are the other Weigel Networks including Start, Movies, H&I, Decades, ME-TV Plus. 35.7 is Story, which I previously mentioned is carried on COX via WZME.

COX also now carries the national feed of Univision on 18 and the national feed of UniMas on 79 instead of WUVN 18.1/18.3 respectively after Entravision sold WUVN's channel spectrum in the auction and then began channel sharing with LPTV sister station WUTH-LP 47

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom