• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Repetitive PSAs!

Bingo!! My point is that they don't seem to care, about this and other streaming issues, and since the world is moving in the direction of streaming ... they should.

They DO care but unfortunately the streaming part of the business is subcontracted to an outside company. It would be better if it was run internally, like iHeart, but it's not. Scott Shannon explained that himself when someone complained.

Keep in mind that the listeners do not pay for the streaming service. They get it for free. If users paid, it might be different.

They DO care but unfortunately the streaming part of the business is subcontracted to an outside company. It would be better if it was run internally, like iHeart, but it's not. Scott Shannon explained that himself when someone complained.
Even if we assume this is true across the industry, something as simple as this should take approximately 10 minutes for the contractor to fix. Just change the default "we don't have targeted ads" rotation.

What are the terms of the contract? Do you know?

Those who know aren't talking. But what we know is the people in charge of streaming are not the people in charge of programming.

We're talking repetitive PSAs here.

If that's the case, then there's not enough audience for the advertising to kick in. No money. That's not good.

My understanding is that it takes 10K cumulative streams to trigger paid spots.

But there are plenty of PSAs out there. No need to play the same two six times in a single break.

They're playing the PSAs they have on hand, that are in their system, available for play.

Perhaps at some point, audience numbers will increase to the point where the positions will be filled with paid spots.

They're playing the PSAs they have on hand, that are in their system, available for play.
Now that's really jumping the shark! I don't understand the obsession to defend mediocrity with any excuse possible.
Perhaps at some point, audience numbers will increase to the point where the positions will be filled with paid spots.
That's what I said in the first sentence of my OP.

While searching for something completely unrelated, I found this...

What is it? The source is a company called Veritone out of Dallas I think. And here is a treasure chest of non-Geofenced Canadian & US stations from Bell Media, Cumulus, Uforia, and Urban One. Most are 128k MP3, some are lower bit AAC+ For the most part, you're giving up song info in your Now Playing window, buy you gain: No Pre-Rolls, Filler Music, or a stop set of Endless PSA's, but these are active streams and a directory, and have left searchable digital footprints, so enjoy kids!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom