• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Remote Alaska Transmitter Sites

These aren't as remote as it gets thought, but I thought I'd share them with you

K09QC-D, Channel 9 McGrath, Alaska. 59 Digital watts. The transmitter sits in the city administrator's office on the 2nd floor of the city building with the 5 element yagi on a short tower outside the building. The license is owned by The State Of Alaska. The .1 is a mix of cbs abc nbc .2 is pbs .3 is first nations expierience .4 is an alaska government channel

K09QC-D 9 5 element yagi about 25 feet off the ground at one end of our city building. The building houses the fire truck, the ambulance, the library, the city offices, the state trooper offices, our Village Public Safety Officer (VPSO) when we have one and the washeteria.... showers and washers and dryers for those who don't have running water at home.

K232DZ 94.3 McGrath, 250 watts at 20 feet on top of a church. It does need some minor maintenance in the winter to keep the snow cleared away from it. It's a satellite fed relay of KIAM 91.9 Nenana, Alaska about 250 miles away. It's held an "alternate program delivery method" waiver for over 30 years, originally relaying KIAM 630 Nenana in the 90s but when KIAM 91.9 was built, this switched to relaying that.. though there was no programming change. It's christian preaching/teaching

The satellite dish feeding K232DZ about 100 feet yard in a field in front of the church

post pics

This is what K232DZ 94.3 looks like during a normal winter

What kind of antenna is 94.3 using? It looks like it doesn't have "bays" from the picture.

It is similar to the Dominator from Norwalk Electronics

I have never seen a FCC licensed FM (88.1 - 107.9) with all vertical power in the southeast. Is this common in Alaska? There are some dual polarized stations with different power horizontally verses vertical. Does this antenna need heaters for ice?

I have never seen a FCC licensed FM (88.1 - 107.9) with all vertical power in the southeast. Is this common in Alaska? There are some dual polarized stations with different power horizontally verses vertical. Does this antenna need heaters for ice?
There are all over the country. Many are legacy Class D, translators, or LPFM.
The only heaters for a vertical is when the sun hits it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom