• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Religious AMs for Miami/Palm Beach

O

Observer777

I was wondering if someone could plese give me a breakdown of the Religious AMs serving the South Florida market? Thanks!

> I was wondering if someone could plese give me a breakdown
> of the Religious AMs serving the South Florida market?
> Thanks!
>
Checking out a couple of GOOGLED sites on the type of stations you are asking about, I only came up with 2 on the AM band: WEXY-1520 AM in Wilton Manors & WMBM-1490 AM in Miami Beach. 6 FM's show up from West Palm Beach to Key West. WMBM seems to be the only one that shows up in the Arbitron™ ratings listed on Radio & Records™ web page, and they are towards the very bottom of the list.<P ID="signature">______________
Stuart Elliott/TOP 40 DJ</P>

> > I was wondering if someone could plese give me a breakdown
>
> > of the Religious AMs serving the South Florida market?
> > Thanks!
> >
> Checking out a couple of GOOGLED sites on the type of
> stations you are asking about, I only came up with 2 on the
> AM band: WEXY-1520 AM in Wilton Manors & WMBM-1490 AM in
> Miami Beach. 6 FM's show up from West Palm Beach to Key
> West. WMBM seems to be the only one that shows up in the
> Arbitron™ ratings listed on Radio & Records™ web page, and
> they are towards the very bottom of the list.

plus
WLVJ 1040
WSWN 900
and a lot of brokered stuff on other stations

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
Have You Seen <font color='#aabbcc' size='+1'>South Florida Radio History</font> lately?</P>

I heard the folks at Salem have a CP that they intend to turn on sometime next year to feature their Christian Teaching and Talk fomat.

There's also Radio Paz in Spanish in Miami, on WACC 830 with Catholic programming....And WVCG/1080's programming is almost totally Spanish preaching on weekdays. WOIR/1430 out of Homestead is a station most people forget, they are called "Amanecer" (Awakening), and feature Spanish evangelical programming, as well.

> There's also Radio Paz in Spanish in Miami, on WACC 830 with
> Catholic programming....And WVCG/1080's programming is
> almost totally Spanish preaching on weekdays. WOIR/1430 out
> of Homestead is a station most people forget, they are
> called "Amanecer" (Awakening), and feature Spanish
> evangelical programming, as well.
>
Just from memory:
88.1 WAYF "The Way" network
89.3 WRMB Moody Bible
89.7 WMCU Miami Xian College
89.9 WCNO ?
90.3 WAFG Televengelist, DJ Kennedy<P ID="signature">______________
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.xstreamer.net/xinfo/v2/xstreamer.8.DC0000.ai4i.png>Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology</a>
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom