• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Recuerdo Mexican to Cuban Clasica

A

AlvaJr

1. In Univision's Recuerdo format, it's a 100% by playing classic regional mexican with norteño, banda, corridos, duranguense, tejano, cumba, vallenato and sometimes pop music of all time.

2. In SBS's Clásica format, it's a 100% by playing cuban spanish oldies with sometimes, salsa, merengue, bachata and other of all-time.

So like I said there is no salsa, merengue and bachata on Recuerdo format and there is no regional mexican on Clasica format. Right!

wrong, here in houston Recuerdo plays some bachata too, and no banda or duranguense. And they play salsa and merengue too. Especially at night....

mrtexmex2007 said:
wrong, here in houston Recuerdo plays some bachata too, and no banda or duranguense. And they play salsa and merengue too. Especially at night....

Recuerdo plays no salsa, no merengue. And there are perhaps two or three bachatas among the thousand or so titles played.

Oh, and there are maybe a half-dozen banda songs, too.

AlvaJr said:
1. In Univision's Recuerdo format, it's a 100% by playing classic regional mexican with norteño, banda, corridos, duranguense, tejano, cumba, vallenato and sometimes pop music of all time.

Zero duranguense, a couple of "balada banda"... the cumbias are Mexican "cumbia grupera" or "cumbia norteña" and there are no corridos, no tejano and no Colombian Vallenato (there may be a song or two by Tropa Vallenata, a Monterrey 'cumbia grupera' artist) and there are lots of ballads from artists like José José and Luis Miguel and even Enrique Guzmán.

DavidEduardo said:
AlvaJr said:

Zero duranguense, a couple of "balada banda"... the cumbias are Mexican "cumbia grupera" or "cumbia norteña" and there are no corridos, no tejano and no Colombian Vallenato (there may be a song or two by Tropa Vallenata, a Monterrey 'cumbia grupera' artist) and there are lots of ballads from artists like José José and Luis Miguel and even Enrique Guzmán.

Recuerdo couldn't have duranguense, or it simply wouldn't be RECUERDO! That genre is too new to include. Born in Chicago around 2001, it started to hit popularity by 2003 in the rest of the country.

Recuerdo doesnt play oldies, Recuerdo plays new songs too. I have heard recent songs from bands like Intocable, Vicente Fernandez.

mrtexmex2007 said:
Recuerdo doesnt play oldies, Recuerdo plays new songs too. I have heard recent songs from bands like Intocable, Vicente Fernandez.

And for a good reason. Intocable has been around since the early 90's and Fernandez has a track record going back decades. They are artists that do well with the upper demos.

mrtexmex2007 said:

You just named two of the three "currents" Recuerdo has played in 2009.

DavidEduardo said:
mrtexmex2007 said:

And Dj Flex

mrtexmex2007 said:
DavidEduardo said:
mrtexmex2007 said:

And Dj Flex

Never.

If Recuerdo doesn't play Duranguense, it is because there are not that many BIG hits in the genre.

They could play "Dos Locos" by Los Horoscopos, or some of the other "covers", but why if you already play the big originales (case: Pero Te Vas A Arrepentir - Los Yonics, sounds a lot better than the Duranguense version with K-Paz).

Recuerdo doesn't play 2009 songs (that is true), but they do play 2007 and back (well... let me correct myself, they have played some newer Vicente's, but they are 2008 tracks... But then again, Vicente is a Super Core).

Has anyone compared Recuerdo vs KE PADRE, lately?

el-hueso-de-la-radio said:
Has anyone compared Recuerdo vs KE PADRE, lately?

Ke Padre is current based, playing banda, durangüense and such. Recuerdo plays no currents.

In other words, there is very little comparison.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom