• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Real CHR finally comes to Huntsville

The new 106.5 Kiss FM launches with 10,065 commercial free songs in a row. Its a 150 watt translator relaying 100.3 WQRV's HD2 signal, so its small if you don't have HD radio, but WE'LL TAKE IT over the crap that is ZYP! Thank you CC! Can't wait to see what this new station will sound like once it gets going. The website is 1065kissfm.com

atlantaboy said:
Wow - we were just talking about this a couple weeks ago! Clear Channel should try to do the same thing in Macon

Yep. I guess someone at Clear Channel was paying attention lol.

bringbackradio said:
In addition this can also give rhythmic WHWT a competitive leg up as well.

It may a bit, but I'm not sure it'll really have all that much effect on WHWT with them being pretty much full urban. I could see them maybe taking out what very few borderline rhythmic tracks they do play, but again those are very few and far between anyway. I see them continuing to focus mainly on the urban war, although I wouldn't be surprised if both urbans in Huntsville take a slight hit since they were the only ones targeting the young audience until Kiss arrived.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom