• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Randi fell down walking her dog?

Randi fell down walking her dog? Wow, thats different from the story on the ARR site, that she got mugged, but it wasn't a hate crime as previously thought. What do you suppose the real story is? Who can you believe?

Re: Xtra Sports 1360 to launch Nov. 1

Lopaka said:
Randi fell down walking her dog? Wow, thats different from the story on the ARR site, that she got mugged, but it wasn't a hate crime as previously thought. What do you suppose the real story is? Who can you believe?

Obviously you haven't read the site. Nowhere on it does it mention a mugging. In fact, the vaguely-worded official press release says that there is no evidence of any hate crime.

Lopaka said:
Yesterday's site had the mugging-not-hate-crime story.

Nope, no mention of a "mugging" They did mention "an infortunate event".

It was various lib (and conservative too) blog sites that had the "mugging" story not AAR's site (and AAR host Jon Elliot was the first, jumping to conclusions--he has apologized)

Lopaka said:

Maybe the pathetic jon Elliot's site did, but nowheree on AAR.. Lop, time to get those ideology glasses checked at the Optometrist :D

Mr_Radio_Diary said:
Lopaka said:

Maybe the pathetic jon Elliot's site did, but nowheree on AAR.. Lop, time to get those ideology glasses checked at the Optometrist :D

It was actually on the air. You know, that thing we normally discuss on this message board in between all these ridiculous ideological debates?

Randi states she stepped out of a bar for a smoke, next thing she knew she hit the ground. Evidently rather serious injuries--some teeth knocked out, and she was in danger of losing an eye. Was it an attack? She doesn't know, she never said it was, but her doctor told her that she well could have been blind sided, intentionally or otherwise. So who started the walking-the-dog story? And why?

radiosaur said:
Lopaka said:
Randi states she stepped out of a bar for a smoke, next thing she knew she hit the ground.

Where I come from that's called stumbling drunk. No conspiracy theory needed.

maybe someone whupped her with the ugly stick -

How about going with what her doctor told her, that her injuries were consistent with getting blind sided? Think about it, could you get your teeth knocked out and your eye smashed up just by stumbling when drunk? Not likely. I have slammed from bike crashes, skateboard wrecks and tripping while running and never come up like that. Be charitable.

Lopaka said:
How about going with what her doctor told her, that her injuries were consistent with getting blind sided? Think about it, could you get your teeth knocked out and your eye smashed up just by stumbling when drunk? Not likely. I have slammed from bike crashes, skateboard wrecks and tripping while running and never come up like that. Be charitable.

I am being charitable. I haven't called her an out-and-out liar. Yet.

Randi, Ed Schultz, Jon Elliott, and Stacy Taylor DESERVE to be on the air in Sandy Eggo.

Media Hack Chris | SDR said:
Randi, Ed Schultz, Jon Elliott, and Stacy Taylor DESERVE to be on the air in Sandy Eggo.

Ring of Fire too!

KLSD will be missed as a voice of accuracy, reality, and sanity. Yet the delusional fantasies of KOGO's stable of..."talent" will continue to be broadcast. The problem is that the country is heading into difficult times. The slide of the dollar means higher import prices and the price of the only import that really matters, oil, will be raising the prices of everything else. People will be hurt. There will be no rational voice on radio in San Diego, of cause and effect. You will have KOGO with its well established pattern of minority baiting and demonization. Gays will be blamed. Mexicans will be blamed. Bill Clinton will be blamed. Reality will be shunned. It presents a very unpleasant prospect.

Well put. San Diego has always been a one-sided town unfortunately, full of one sided people when you have the right wing propaganda machines (KOGO) running

jprg said:
Well put. San Diego has always been a one-sided town unfortunately, full of one sided people when you have the right wing propaganda machines (KOGO) running

Actually, you should be grateful to Clear Channel.. They did subsidize (provide welfare to) KLSD for 3 years. Unfortunately, there comes a time when one needs to tell the misbehaving object to grow up and be responsible for itself.. when I listen to to KLSD I am still struck by the lack of advertising.. at the bottom of hour, you expect a couple of news and traffic blurbs and then ads.. All I hear is station promotions.

I've said this before and it needs to be said again.. Quite simple, actually

Welfare. Little stick people, little cartoons. Easy to hate. Fantasies, like the welfare queen in her Cadillac. Never existed, but such great radio. I know a guy who's on welfare. He hasn't worked in 6 years. He had a stroke. Pray to God you are never as "lucky" as he. And thank God someone had the decency, the Christian Decency, the Liberal Humanity, to assure that this fine man and others like him do not die in the street because of Compassionate Conservatives.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom