• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio PA To Cease Operation On April 15th

https://www.pbrtv.com/radio-pa-to-shut-down/

I can confirm that my station received our notice as well on Thursday, January 10th. I can't say I'm surprised to see this happening, but for small NewsTalk stations as mine is (WEJS-AM 1600 Jersey Shore) it's going to be a tough loss as Radio PA was really our only viable option for semi-local news programming.

From AllAccess:
MARYLAND MEDIA ONE, LLC, owner of the MARYLAND NEWS NETWORK, has acquired RADIO PA, serving PENNSYLVANIA stations, and will take over operations as of APRIL 16th. Affiliates should continue to receive uninterrupted service from the HARRISBURG-based network, which was threatened with closing.

“With the announcement of RADIO PA closing its network in APRIL, I was concerned with the affiliates that would lose content they rely on daily” said MARYLAND MEDIA ONE President/CEO STEVE CLENDENIN. “I immediately explored options to assume the operations in PENNSYLVANIA to keep the network alive.”

“I am a firm believer in the state network broadcast model,” added CLENDENIN. “However, like all aspects in radio broadcasting, the model needs to be flexible. RADIO PA’s future depends on the ability to super serve our affiliates and advertisers that need to reach the entire state and our model allows for that.”

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom