• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Groups Seek Changes in Disclosure Laws

I remember back in the days when I worked for Golden West Broadcasters, the entire staff was required to review and sign anti-payola and plugola polices annually. I even recall a certain music director being canned for violating the policy. Is the whole payola issue becoming a hot topic again?

Is the whole payola issue becoming a hot topic again?

No, and no one is asking to drop payola laws. Station employees would still be required to sign the policy statements.

The ONLY thing they're asking for is to disclose the payment online radio than on air.

And because of that, the Future of Music Coalition is inventing some off-topic issue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom