• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Disney to sell off all but one of their stations

My guess is a Spanish Christian format.

No station in the market is currently doing the format.

Salem has their own Spanish formats, both music and talk, in other markets and it would complement WTLN with another demo to work with.

I'm not really up on what demographic lives where here, but if a Spanish format is indeed the case and it most likely will be (can't do English CCM, wouldn't hold a candle to WPOZ. But I did look at Salem's website and they own an Oldies and a Country station too) perhaps a frequency swap with 660 WORL would be a good idea. Would doubt one with 1520 WBZW would be good although you never know. Back when they were buying the book WORL would actually make it into it.

Well looks like it's official. Salem announced that they will be running their Spanish Religious pay for play format on 990. IMHO that' a waste of 50,000 watts (12,000 at night). But they already have an English station (WTLN) doing the same thing all be it 12,000 watts by day / 5000 at night so more power (no pun intended) to them.

I think that's an excellent move.

There are zero Full Power Religious Spanish Stations that coer the entire market.

Their 2mV will cover nearly 500,000 Hispanics, and quite a number of them are Christian oriented.

Anyone who knows Orlando Spanish Radio well would agree it's a moneymaker for them.

I'm not going to buy any, but I would curious to know how many dollars for a holler Salem is going to charge for 990. They're going to sell it as a 50,000 watt station during the daytime hours even though it's directional, but if no one asks anything about that no one will tell. I'd assume they would charge less for their 14,000 directional watts (again if no one asks, no one will tell) at night. And Salem does not buy the book here, so the only way they could really tell how many listeners they have is how much money the Padre's & Pastors take in from donations.

Well 990 has been off the air for the past few weeks. Makes for interesting dx at times hahahha. I still wished we could have some oldies on 990 AM. But 790 sounds incredible on my cc skywave. :) Sorry for the OT.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom