• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about scene in Baltimore movie

OK, the heading is generic to achieve maximum results.
Question to those who live near Reisterstown...

I once drove to Baltimore in the early 80s directly from Gettysburg on a small two lane highway lined on both sides by very mature intentionally planted trees...an almost straight two-lane highway that must have been highway 140 thru Taneytown.

I never forgot the drive, since it was a beautiful hot night in my convertible with the top down.
Recently I saw the John Waters movie Crybaby, and got some incredible chills during a scene near the beginning of
the movie, where Crybaby and his friends flirt with "Allison" on what I think is route 140.

Can any of yall confirm this was shot on the old strech of Taneytown road or route 140?

I could spend forever searching the web, but I haven't found the answer yet, so I'm asking here. Thanks.

Tom, I drove MD 140 from B'more through Taneytown within the past few months and don't recall seeing it. On the other hand, I did take I-795 past Reisterstown, so I missed the part closest to the city. In fairness, that entire area northwest of Baltimore has tons of very scenic spots. And check your Gettysburg area map, too. Lots of roads entering town, like spokes on a wheel. Hanover Street? Littlestown Road? Emmitsburg Road? (York Street? Harrisburg? Fairfield)? LOL. FWIW, I'm doing this from memory, too... and my memory ain't what it used to be!

I tried to check them all in Google earth and see a section where Baltimore Avenue has been built into a double-two lane
and what looks like some of the surviving trees planted at very regular intervals, but only one side as the other side would have been wiped out by the new lane.
I didn't get to spend enough time to check the historical data images much but they only go back to 1995, and I didn't spot
any double sided tree lined sections then either.

I suspect local authorities were tired of scraping cars off the trees, and traffic demanded more lanes.

I guess the next step is to look for when the double laned Baltimore Ave was constructed.

Is Club Chuck still open? How fares the Belvedere Hotel and Bertha's Mussels?

I long for a double paper grocery bag full of Old Bay caked crabs and my Genee Cream Ale carb hammer at a picnic table.

I called Club Charles and had the barkeep put up a question on a bulletin board behind the bar with this question.

Can't think of any other place to ask. All web sources come up with generic results.

I'm also looking for the phone number for folks I know in Lutherville.

If anyone else can think of a definitive person/source for John Waters movie info please PM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom