• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q13 the next to debut a new set

Unprecedented, all four network affiliates have and will unveil new sets within 6 months. KCPQ (Q13), was scheduled to debut at the beginning of February sweeps, but they are delayed. Hopefully they will debut soon. My gut is they are going to blow everyone away because they are using a company that also provided sets for many top L.A. stations recently. The delay could also mean they are making sure everything is perfect.

Unprecedented, all four network affiliates have and will unveil new sets within 6 months. KCPQ (Q13), was scheduled to debut at the beginning of February sweeps, but they are delayed. Hopefully they will debut soon. My gut is they are going to blow everyone away because they are using a company that also provided sets for many top L.A. stations recently. The delay could also mean they are making sure everything is perfect.

KCPQ has unveiled their new set this weekend, but the hard launch is Monday the 29th. Early previews look good, perhaps the best of all 4 net affiliates in the past 6 months,
though KOMO and KIRO are looking good as well. I initially liked KING's new SoDo studio, but it does seems to be more and more a low-end set. Since they are #1, they could have probably done better.

With the new set and graphics, comes a new logo. The Q and "13" have been modernized...the old Q13 logo had been used since 1991. To my eyes, it still kind of looks like the "Q" logo they used back in the '80s as an indie.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20160228194357

I also have noticed this. I kinda like it...it is definitely more contemporary. They also do a good job highlighting their set, as does KOMO. KIRO seems to be shy in this regard. Not sure why. When you spend hundreds of thousands, or even more on a new set, why not show it off? Isn't that what the investment is all about?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom