• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q105TampaBay.com up and running !

B

BHolmes

Although it's been in the works for quite a while now, we weren't expecting to launch our Q105 Tribute site for a few weeks yet but due to the relaunch of Q105 we stepped it up. Check it out at www.Q105TampaBay.com

I thank Rich Marino for his help as co-webmaster. My knowledge of the Q only goes back to 1987 when I moved to Tampa, his knowledge of everything before that has been awesome not to mention some great audio he's compiled for the site.

And before everyone asks "Why the hell is the ThePowerPig.com guy launching a Q105 site?" I'll answer that here:

#1-Q105 was the station I grew up on and a the station that started my fascination with radio. It was The Power Pig that FIRMLY made up my mind that not only was I was going to do radio for a living but I would also be OBSESSED with it (in a good way, lol).

#2-I am very interested in preserving radio history for the future generation of radio people. I have gotten many e-mails from up and coming radio talent that have told me they not only were inspired by the Pig site but that they had felt cheated that they never learned "how radio was" from broadcast school or college. They also said they learned much about personality radio and just how far "theatre of the mind" can go in radio. Those e-mails made all the work worth it because we all know radio today lacks personality, creativity and theatre of the mind.

#3-Q105 was a legendary radio station in it's day, with big name talent rolling through there. It deserves it's own site.

Any comments or contributions to the site, please e-mail me at [email protected] or Rich at [email protected]

Also, radio geeks can check out one other site I am helping with: www.Q106SanDiego.com<P ID="signature">______________
-brian holmes
APD/afternoons - Fly 92-1 Ft Walton Beach
Owner/Webmaster - www.ThePowerPig.com - Tribute to WFLZ/Tampa & www.Q105TampaBay.com - Tribute to WRBQ/Tampa</P>

Way to go, B!
Cheers,
ze "Babe"

> Although it's been in the works for quite a while now, we
> weren't expecting to launch our Q105 Tribute site for a few
> weeks yet but due to the relaunch of Q105 we stepped it up.
> Check it out at www.Q105TampaBay.com
>
> I thank Rich Marino for his help as co-webmaster. My
> knowledge of the Q only goes back to 1987 when I moved to
> Tampa, his knowledge of everything before that has been
> awesome not to mention some great audio he's compiled for
> the site.
>

Hey Holmes!

What a delight that sight is! And, you are a bastard for putting it up on a Friday when I've got production to complete. I'm gonna be here all night because of this distraction.

Nice job Brian.

Shell<P ID="signature">______________
Jack Shell
Director of Production & Creative Services
95.5 The WOLF!
650 AM WSM
SuperTalk 99.7 WTN
Cumulus Media/Nashville

Jack Shell Productions
http://www.jackshell.com</P>

Nice job!

Just wanna throw this out at you, there is a tribute site for the former B94 of Pittsburgh, which was on the air 23 years but has been off for just over a year now. The guy doing the tribute site is TJ, he used to work there. I think he could use a little help. It works but I think a station that signed on the air in 1981 and lasted until 2004 deserves the best!

http://www.pittsburghstjthedj.com/B94.html

> Hey Holmes!
>
> What a delight that sight is! And, you are a bastard for
> putting it up on a Friday when I've got production to
> complete. I'm gonna be here all night because of this
> distraction.
>
> Nice job Brian.
>
> Shell
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom