• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Prescott's very own, KAZT, off Dish Network......

It’s probably not coming back any time soon, unless KAZT caves in. Small independent stations with little compelling content don’t have leverage in retransmission battles.

While the trash talk airs on AZ-TV, they do carry some important syndicated shows like Family Feud...currently the #1 game show in syndication; along with Rachael Ray and Access.

Dish has had disputes with just about everybody over the years. I don't know how they stay in business, given garbage like this. That is one company I have no desire to do business with.

While the trash talk airs on AZ-TV, they do carry some important syndicated shows like Family Feud...currently the #1 game show in syndication; along with Rachael Ray and Access.

When you mention “trash talk,” do you mean the trio of Maury/Springer/Wilkos, Mike Broomhead, or both? 😉

Springer/Wilkos/Maury. Which for #1 and #3, their contract ends this year.

Here's the rundown: KAZT wants Dish to carry both their primary station and their MeTV .2 subchannel for no charge. Dish refuses because they normally don't add subchannels to their service due to bandwidth limitations. KAZT says Dish is making false claims. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see MeTV added to both DirecTV and Dish (or for MeTV to be their primary affiliation), but the fact is if they carry one, all the other stations will want their subchannels on the service, when there's limited bandwidth.

https://www.aztv.com/posts/dish-network-making-false-claims

Here's the rundown: KAZT wants Dish to carry both their primary station and their MeTV .2 subchannel for no charge. Dish refuses because they normally don't add subchannels to their service due to bandwidth limitations. KAZT says Dish is making false claims. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see MeTV added to both DirecTV and Dish (or for MeTV to be their primary affiliation), but the fact is if they carry one, all the other stations will want their subchannels on the service, when there's limited bandwidth.

https://www.aztv.com/posts/dish-network-making-false-claims

That is a reasonable request on the part of KAZT. MeTV is one of the most popular
subchannels available..............

That is a reasonable request on the part of KAZT. MeTV is one of the most popular
subchannels available..............

And one of the main reasons why I don’t want to switch to satellite because I would lose all the local sub channels offered by Centurylink. Besides MeTV, there is Buzzr, Antenna TV, This TV, Cozi, Movies!, 12 News Weather Plus, Laff, Justice, CBS 5 Weather Now, etc... All those sub channels aren’t even offered by the satellite companies along with, at least for now, AZTV. Also, AZTV airs NAU basketball games so fans of NAU are out of luck if they have Dish Network.

Cox I believe is similar to Cenutrylink with the local sub channels they offer. I know it may sound stupid to want my cable or satellite carrier to offer local channels that I could just get for free with an antenna, but to me that is a very important benefit of Centurylink / Cox.

What I do not understand is why there is any interruption in service.
Dish already carries subchannels like GetTv, etc, etc
If they carried MeTV nationally, there would be absolutely no basis
for dropping KAZT..........

KAZT, Prescott's very own station, was back on Dish Network as of yesterday.
The local newspaper reported that Dish received over three thousand calls
demanding KAZT's return during their three day absence..........

KAZT, Prescott's very own station, was back on Dish Network as of yesterday.
The local newspaper reported that Dish received over three thousand calls
demanding KAZT's return during their three day absence..........

How would the newspaper know that when Dish keeps hush hush about calls regarding really anything

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom