• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PRAISE now on 102.9

So they go from one waste of that signal to another. With the value of FM signals in this market, why is Radio One wasting 2 of them? Both 102.9 and 97.5 could be running different formats, especially with 107.5's new signal that's fine even south of town.

102.9 will help Praise get a better reach in the eastern burbs. That area is one of their target areas/demographics.

RoddyFreeman said:
So they go from one waste of that signal to another. With the value of FM signals in this market, why is Radio One wasting 2 of them? Both 102.9 and 97.5 could be running different formats, especially with 107.5's new signal that's fine even south of town.

I don't think Radio One will ever try a new format here. They've got the Urban audience all covered.

BarryATL said:
102.9 will help Praise get a better reach in the eastern burbs. That area is one of their target areas/demographics.

Barry, I looked at the coverage maps, and you're right. This gives Praise needed heft in places such as Stone Mountain and Lithonia.

RoddyFreeman said:
So they go from one waste of that signal to another. With the value of FM signals in this market, why is Radio One wasting 2 of them?

That "wasted signal" (class A) has been a top 10 station (6+) beating the River 97.1, The Fish 104.7, and both country stations and a bunch of other superior signaled stations. How many class A's are top 10 (6+) in the top ten markets? Demographically, I would guess the typical Urban Gospel listener has more spendable income, (except for night clubs and alcoholic beverages) the your Rap / Hip Hop listener.

secondchoice said:
RoddyFreeman said:
So they go from one waste of that signal to another. With the value of FM signals in this market, why is Radio One wasting 2 of them?

That "wasted signal" (class A) has been a top 10 station (6+) beating the River 97.1, The Fish 104.7, and both country stations and a bunch of other superior signaled stations. How many class A's are top 10 (6+) in the top ten markets? Demographically, I would guess the typical Urban Gospel listener has more spendable income, (except for night clubs and alcoholic beverages) the your Rap / Hip Hop listener.

Excuse me? I was not calling 102.5 a wasted signal. I was calling the 102.9 translator simulcasting 102.5 a wasted signal since it basically covers the same area as 102.5. But as Barry pointed out, the 102.9 signal goes farther east, helping the station cover such places as Stone Mountain and Lithonia.

This translator at 102.9 has a sole purpose - to nibble numbers away from V103. They want people who hit the "scan" button to hit their signal first and steal a little TSL from V.
Gospel may be more effective - lot's of shared listening.

I think it is different with Praise. Their listeners listen all day long and the station has a very high TSL which drives the AQH. The translator will give those folks on the east side a listenable signal so their home/office radios can be tuned in all day. I could be wrong, but I think the translator will give Praise one more point in AQH after a few months.

taylorengineer said:
This translator at 102.9 has a sole purpose - to nibble numbers away from V103. They want people who hit the "scan" button to hit their signal first and steal a little TSL from V.
Gospel may be more effective - lot's of shared listening.
I don't see the point in that. You know WVEE will NEVER allow any of its counterparts dethrone them, even if its gospel. At least Larry Tinsely still has a job every Sunday morning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom