• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Power 98.3

I'm happy to hear Power 98.3 is streaming again, but what happened to their staff? Particularly their mixers. This station sounds nothing like it did before they geo-coded their stream.

Changes on-air could be related to the change in PD in March '23: Jonathan Steele in from American General Media Albuquerque replacing Ben "DJ Complex" Romero (who has since moved on to KKSM Sacramento).

Changes on-air could be related to the change in PD in March '23: Jonathan Steele in from American General Media Albuquerque replacing Ben "DJ Complex" Romero (who has since moved on to KKSM Sacramento).

Sounds so boring now.

I'm happy to hear Power 98.3 is streaming again
I'm out of the area at the moment; tried listening to 98.3 and Hot 97.5 but they were geo-blocked when attempting to access the stream from their homepages.

I did notice however that 101.1 and 104.3 were allowing streaming outside of the Valley, at least when using Streema.com earlier.

If they do change the branding from Power, by teasing it now they may have given changing the name more thought than anyone gave it back when Fred owned it.

True story: PD walks into the studio and says "Hey, starting with your next break, we are now Power 92." Then he wished Goddard a good weekend and went home. And that's how Hot Hits 92.3 KKFR became Power 92.

If they do change the branding from Power, by teasing it now they may have given changing the name more thought than anyone gave it back when Fred owned it.

True story: PD walks into the studio and says "Hey, starting with your next break, we are now Power 92." Then he wished Goddard a good weekend and went home. And that's how Hot Hits 92.3 KKFR became Power 92.
I wish we had THAT Power now.

Back
Top Bottom