• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Post your favorite rhythmic ACs here

M

Mid West Clubber

93.9 MIA Hands down

1035 KTU

RDL 101.1 The real Deal.. think its a net only or maybe a pirate. This station used to be hip hop but they recently changed to rhythmic ac

94.7 KUMU Hawaii

Movin 104.9 Alaska....Best movin station.. wost sounding stream...

Ostewelle Germany...... Spelling ????? Similar to the former Diva stations.

My 106.1 Philly

93.1 The party Vegas...

93.9 Kiss FM raleigh

Mega 100 in Stockton, CA (signal even reaches the east bay area) :)

"93.9 MIA" Miami (easily my favorite).
"Z100" Ft. Myers
"106.7 The Beat" Detroit

I like those 3 because they haven't moved to a more current intensive approach like many of Clear Channel's other Rhythmic AC's. Also, I'm still a huge freestyle fan and I love being able to hear a couple of freestyle cuts an hour on WMIA Miami and Z100 Ft. Myers. (it just fits the format in Florida because it was such a staple of rhythmic radio in the 80s and 90s there). Don't get me wrong, I love current rhythmic product and rhythmic CHR's, but I liked Rhythmic AC because it was a different choice and played many of those rhythmic songs from the 80s and 90s that weren't heard anymore. The more current intensive ones like KTU and Groove 105.7 are ok, but I prefer the mix of old and new like MIA, Z100, and 106.7 The Beat play.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of some of Clear Channel's rhythmics that skew too far in an old direction (98.1 Kiss FM San Francisco and My 106.1 Philly). They often sound more like jammin' oldies than rhythmic AC to me and they play way too much urban/r&B gold (funk, motown, etc). I prefer the dancy, pop gold (freestyle, disco, 90s dance, etc.).

"93.9 MIA" though, is easily my favorite as far as the perfect rhythmic AC mix of old and new pop/dance songs.

And as far as the actual Burn's "Movin'" branded stations go, I don't like them nearly as well as the Clear Channel rhythmic AC's. I think the Movin' stations were based way too much on hip hop/R&B gold. I prefer the more pop/dance based sound of Clear Channel's rhythmic AC formats. Also, I don't think slow jamz (slow tempo) songs have any place at all in the format, and the Movin stations play a lot of those. To me, rhythmic AC should be almost 100 percent uptempo songs (maybe a few medium, but zero slow jams). That's also one reason I prefer CC's WMIA over WKTU (because as much as I do like KTU, they play some slow stuff I could do without).

I think 93.9 MIA sounds pretty good for a Rhythmic A/C, but honestly they're missing out on some of the biggest Freestyle records that were hot on Power 96. For example. they don't play Johnny O's "Fantasy Girl", Will To Power "Say It's Gonna Rain", or Shana's "I Want You".
Z-100 Ft. Myers on the other hand should be playing a lot LESS Freestyle as the only station in Southwest Florida that used to play some of it was a college station in the early 90s that later went Chrsitian. I certainly don't remember Wink 97in the 80s playing Freestyle, nor do I remember it playing on Naples' 93.7 The Lazer. I also dont think B-103.9 was ever big on Freestyle either, as opposed to 93.3 FLZ Tampa, which played a good amount of it in its Power Pig days.

BRH said:
"106.7 The Beat" Detroit

I like those 3 because they haven't moved to a more current intensive approach like many of Clear Channel's other Rhythmic AC's. Don't get me wrong, I love current rhythmic product and rhythmic CHR's, but I liked Rhythmic AC because it was a different choice and played many of those rhythmic songs from the 80s and 90s that weren't heard anymore. The more current intensive ones like KTU and Groove 105.7 are ok, but I prefer the mix of old and new like MIA, Z100, and 106.7 The Beat play.

I have to disagree with you about 106.7 The Beat of Detroit. My biggest annoyance about that station is the fact that it adds in WAY too many current CHR songs into its mix. It focuses too much on the new and not enough on the old stuff. When The Beat of Detroit first debuted last September, it was awesome because it really played an excellent mix...lots of '80s and '90s (especially early-mid '90s) dance tracks with a some '00s songs every now and then. But now it's desperately trying to compete with the two CHR stations in Detroit and is sounding more and more like a CHR station. Unfortunately, the rhythmic AC format is becoming more rhythmic CHR. :'(

1. 103.5 KTU NYC
2. Movin 92.5 Seattle
3. 105.7 The Oasis Las Vegas

baynorcal said:
Mega 100 in Stockton, CA (signal even reaches the east bay area) :)

Thanks for sharing this tip about Mega 100. Oh my goodness...I absolutely love this station. I live nowhere near California and have been listening to it online quite a bit. I sent an e-mail to the station telling them how much I loved the mix of music and lamenting the fact that Michigan does not have any stations like it.

Yeah Thanks for the heads up on Mega.. I like this station too,,, its pretty dance friendly. I think Movin in SF should have stayed Rhythmic AC and sound like this station.. they already have Wild for RHYTHMIC and 92.7 for CHR.

The more I listen to Mega 100, the more I realize that it's what Rhythmic AC is supposed to sound like. It is amazing. The mix of music they play is one of a kind. A lot of excellent music from the '80s, '90s, and '00s that no other radio station plays anymore!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom