• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Possible new source for Reciva Radios

Hopefully, this can replace the shut down directory page, and a current library of radio stations can keep these players active. Certainly this will work on any IPTV or Streaming M3U Player, and can also be plugged into to the VLC Media Player.

The Stations are grouped by City/Market. 60 stations to start with, most from New York and Chicago, New ones added every few days. All links are current and working! Major updates will be posted below.

I hope this works and is found useful!!

Hopefully, this can replace the shut down directory page, and a current library of radio stations can keep these players active. Certainly this will work on any IPTV or Streaming M3U Player, and can also be plugged into to the VLC Media Player.

The Stations are grouped by City/Market. 60 stations to start with, most from New York and Chicago, New ones added every few days. All links are current and working! Major updates will be posted below.

I hope this works and is found useful!!
The Reciva server totally shut down overnight on September 14, making virtually all Reciva based radios left with their 10 preset stations and a few of their saved stations, with nothing else working.

The Reciva server totally shut down overnight on September 14, making virtually all Reciva based radios left with their 10 preset stations and a few of their saved stations, with nothing else working.
I thought they shut down months ago.

Had not heard about Reciva shutting down but I tried a few Internet radios in the past that depended on aggregators like Reciva, VTuner and whatever Logitech used for its Squeezebox network. I found them all to be a little clunky, they were all missing various stations and it was obvious from the outset that the functionality would break if the aggregator shut down, which ultimately happened all of the above examples.

Smart speakers made all of them obsolete. They're much more user-friendly, can pull content from multiple aggregators and add/delete providers from their platforms as needed. And there's not much risk of Amazon or Google shutting down so the there's less risk of your "radio" becoming a brick with the possible exception of Sonos speakers which depend on ongoing support from the Sonos company and solvency of its ecosystem.

Are there any Internet radios on the consumer market that let you directly enter the URL of a stream, instead of having to choose from a built-in list of stations or set it up with an app or web service that will eventually also go dark?

As of today, my Grace Digital Encore is almost a stylish brick. If I unplug the radio when it gets hung up looking for the wifi, I can plug it back in after a few hours and I can listen to the stations I have saved. It will play without glitching too much but it seems to forget the wifi. Is there any way of getting an ethernet cable to plug into a USB port with an adapter, or is this just a total loss?

UPDATE: My radio is now a brick. Yesterday I was able to play all stations in my history. All of that was erased. Then, on top of that, I was playing music from my flash drive. Now it won't even load from a flash drive. Grace Digital either really wants me to hate them or get their new radios....none of which will be in stock for the foreseeable future.

I have the Grace Mondo Elite. It has SiriusXM, but every couple of days when I push in the station I want, it gives me "Playback stopped, retrying." It never does restart. I have to unplug then replug the unit and the router to get it going. It also does not load the local stations (Atlanta) unless I do this reset. Grace's tech support says their unit plays fine. Mine says otherwise.

I have the Grace Mondo Elite. It has SiriusXM, but every couple of days when I push in the station I want, it gives me "Playback stopped, retrying." It never does restart. I have to unplug then replug the unit and the router to get it going. It also does not load the local stations (Atlanta) unless I do this reset. Grace's tech support says their unit plays fine. Mine says otherwise.
I have the same kind of problems with my Grace Link. It's a versatile radio that tunes everything available from SiriusXM and all my other streams, but it loses its mind from time to time. I haven't gotten around to plugging it directly into my modem with an Ethernet cable to bypass my router/wifi and rule that out a as problem, but the radio has performed markedly better after the two firmware updates this year, so I suspect this is another Grace issue.

Smart speakers made all of them obsolete.
Except for those of us who don't want a wiretap (device listening to you) around the house. 🔇

Grace now has its own web portal, and most of the new generation web radios have tens or even hundreds of radio-resident memories to counter portal problems.

Except for those of us who don't want a wiretap (device listening to you) around the house. 🔇

I guess you must have a flip phone too then? Because your smartphone is always listening too. Anyway, you can mute the mic on smart speakers.

My point was that most people are buying smart speakers and using them as radios now, they're not buying Grace internet radios. I'm not saying they're bad products, but they're a niche product like HD radios at this point.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom