• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Poll: You're The New Program Director...

There has been a lot of talk on this board over the past few months about what format is either missing or could be done better in the Bay Area. Here's your question of the day: you've just been named the program director for an FM station in San Francisco -- it doesn't matter what the station is, or what company owns it -- it's yours to decide what format the station will have.

What's your choice?

Vote in the "You're The PD" Poll

> Reformat Engery and maybe Mix, as well.

I'm guessing you didn't get DJ's point, which is to answer at the off-site poll so the answers get tabulated ...

And yes, DJ asked me before posting if this was okay.

But please DO NOT REPLY to the question here on the board!
<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> But please DO NOT REPLY to the question here on the board!

So far, the "Some Other Format" category has about 50 percent, with nowhere to specify what other format.

The poster who said, "Reformat Engery and maybe Mix, as well" was merely saying something that's not on the survey. What's so wrong with that?

> The poster who said, "Reformat Engery and maybe Mix, as
> well" was merely saying something that's not on the survey.
> What's so wrong with that?

What's so wrong is that the question isn't "What station would you reformat?" The question was what format would you choose for a non-specific station.

Whoever it was that said "Reformat Engery" (sic) didn't read the question or didn't understand it sufficiently. What I didn't want was a list of call letters or identifiers. If that was the intent of the question, I'd have just listed all the call letters myself and left it at that.

The format choices were based on the posts from a recent thread on this board. (I left off some of the micro-formats that were posted.) If your choice is "other," go ahead and post what your "other" choice would be, but post it on that site; if there are enough posts for a specific "other," I'll change the poll options.

And a tip of the hat to Our Mighty Moderator for allowing me to conduct this small social experiment.

> There has been a lot of talk on this board over the past few
> months about what format is either missing or could be done
> better in the Bay Area. Here's your question of the day:
> you've just been named the program director for an FM
> station in San Francisco -- it doesn't matter what the
> station is, or what company owns it -- it's yours to decide
> what format the station will have.
>
> What's your choice?
>
> Vote in the "You're The PD" Poll
>

A variation on "Jack" (shuffle format)
Country
Oldies
CHR/Top 40

this is the problem with radio today.

programmers are afraid to do anything outside these four formats.

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board?Post=518353&Board=phoenix

If one more person posts here instead of answering the poll, I am killing this thread.

Don't ruin the experiment, people.<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom