• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Podcasting and Talent Contracts

As the slow moving radio giants begin to react to podcasting, I'm wondering if radio talent contracts confer podcasting rights on radio companies.

I got to thinking about this when Limbaugh started podcasting. I began to wonder if his deal permits him to control his podcasts and revenue derived from it, or if Premiere controls it.

Does this require separate contract language or does an employer typically retain all rights under an umbrella that would include podcasts without any specific language dealing with it?

Seems like something that top-drawer air talent must be thinking about now.<P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

I know that Rush will not play any music on his podcasts and he does musical parodies on his show that are edited out of the Podcast. Does that help to answer your question?

> As the slow moving radio giants begin to react to
> podcasting, I'm wondering if radio talent contracts confer
> podcasting rights on radio companies.
>
> I got to thinking about this when Limbaugh started
> podcasting. I began to wonder if his deal permits him to
> control his podcasts and revenue derived from it, or if
> Premiere controls it.
>
> Does this require separate contract language or does an
> employer typically retain all rights under an umbrella that
> would include podcasts without any specific language dealing
> with it?
>
> Seems like something that top-drawer air talent must be
> thinking about now.
>
<P ID="signature">______________
[email protected]</P>

> I know that Rush will not play any music on his podcasts and
> he does musical parodies on his show that are edited out of
> the Podcast. Does that help to answer your question?

That's the answer to a <u>different</u> question but thanks for the reply just the same!<P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom