• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate FM in Waterbury CT?

Does anyone know the source of a Jamaican Caribbean station on 105.7 FM in Waterbury? It seems to be a rebroadcast of another station with lots of references and advertising in Bridgeport. The station never identifies and is strongest in downtown Waterbury, but fades out once you drive out of the city. It' been on the air since the spring. Adjacent channel to 105.9 The River.

About a dozen or so years ago there was a Caribbean Pirate on 101.5 FM adjacent to KC 101. Don't know where they were from, but they were strong in Bristol. Very quickly they moved to 101.7 until La Mega fired up their translator on that frequency.

There was one on 103.3 for the longest time. After Full Power Radio fired up the translator for WDRC 1360 they moved to 92.9 and they had the nerve to complain on the air that WDRC stole their station. lol

A shady character named Dr. Phillip Duncan was/is involved with that 103.3 pirate. His Blaze Communications once LMA'd WNTY 990 in Southington. From a story I heard he tried on multiple occasions to sell WNTY even though he didn't own it, claiming he didn't know he couldn't sell something he didn't own. - More recently he was hosting an Old School Reggae show on 97.5/1480 The Power in East Hartford.

Last edited:
Okay. My guess is that the 105.7 transmitter is on Long Hill Road, or a similar street with high elevation. I also wonder if there's a legitimate Jamaican station in Bridgeport, since the programming has advertising for Caribbean restaurants and live raggae performances in Bridgeport. The whole thing sounds like a rebroadcast.

Back
Top Bottom