• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pillar of Fire acquires Max Media Denver

Gotta Give Star 101.5 Social team credit, they are taking negative comments and referring people to 107.1 for "positive hip hop" and even The Drop 303. Even saying sorry!

They were two of the lowest rated stations in Denver. Obviously very few people found them interesting. That's why they're gone.

Craft markets and beers and that kind of thing are all wonderful. But they need to attract enough customers to stay in business. Otherwise they go away. That's what happened here. People NEED to support local radio. They need to listen, they need to engage with those stations. When they don't, the stations become vulnerable to being sold to religious broadcasters.
You're mistakenly meshing mass targeting with niche targeting. A business model need not appeal to the masses for to succeed. A business can be successful by effectively targeting a loyal and responsive niche within the broad audience.

My comment about interesting references how a market with umpteen country, religious, conservative talk stations across the dial is far less interesting than a market with stations that also program niches like classical, AAA, jazz, all news, progressive talk, classic R&B, alternative, foreign language mix, alongside the typically found CHR, country, conservative talk, religious, public, college, and rhythmic formats.

You're mistakenly meshing mass targeting with niche targeting. A business model need not appeal to the masses for to succeed. A business can be successful by effectively targeting a loyal and responsive niche within the broad audience.

But the format still has to reach the largest niche. There are only a handful of formats that do that.

One thing to remember is that the Max Media stations were the only ones in Denver to accept marijuana dispensary advertising. The only outlet for that now is Westword and the back of supermarket receipts.

I was looking at Kingdom's Facebook page and it appears that Kingdom 107.1 has rebranded to KFCO 107.1. As of this writing the Facebook page still says Kingdom 107.1. But the website is now kfco1071.com. Not sure when the change took place.

Last edited:
I was looking at Kingdom's Facebook page and it appears that Kingdom 107.1 has rebranded to KFCO 107.1. As of this writing the Facebook page still says Kingdom 107.1. But the website is now kfco1071.com. Not sure when the change took place or what the reason was.
What goes around comes around. When X107.1 first flipped to Classic Hip Hop in December 2014, they did so as "Fly 107.1" but were C&D'd by SiriusXM and quickly became "Flo". My accurate prediction of that would lead to me becoming web consultant and developer a few years later.

In this case it appears as Fort Myers, FL based Airwaves For Jesus Inc. has servicemarks for "Kingdom Radio" and "Kingdom FM" as used on their 91.5 WJYO. Kingdom FM® | Kingdom Radio®

In this case it appears as Fort Myers, FL based Airwaves For Jesus Inc. has servicemarks for "Kingdom Radio" and "Kingdom FM" as used on their 91.5 WJYO. Kingdom FM® | Kingdom Radio®
Ooops. Possibly this is an indication that we've reached saturation in the number of Christian music outlets if the various stations can't keep track of the various slogans! Someone needs to keep a scorecard.

On the other hand....
Just now (4:18 pm), the station identified itself between raps in a liner as "Kingdom 107.1".
RDS shows the calls as KFCO.

On the first hand...
At 4:21 pm, an announcer came on, calling it "KFCO", not "Kingdom".

Well, they'll figure it out eventually.

One more edit...
Liner at 4:30 pm: "Kingdom 107.1"

I will say that Christian hip-hop is an interesting concept and fits well with the intentional nature of the programming.

Last edited:
Ooops. Possibly this is an indication that we've reached saturation in the number of Christian music outlets if the various stations can't keep track of the various slogans! Someone needs to keep a scorecard.

On the other hand....
Just now (4:18 pm), the station identified itself between raps in a liner as "Kingdom 107.1".
RDS shows the calls as KFCO.

On the first hand...
At 4:21 pm, an announcer came on, calling it "KFCO", not "Kingdom".

Well, they'll figure it out eventually.

One more edit...
Liner at 4:30 pm: "Kingdom 107.1"

I will say that Christian hip-hop is an interesting concept and fits well with the intentional nature of the programming.
It still takes time to update and remove imaging. I bet it will be a hectic weekend over there.

It still takes time to update and remove imaging. I bet it will be a hectic weekend over there.
We're getting up to 3 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow - but it will be 65° on Sunday because it's Colorado - so they can probably huddle around the (pillar of) fire and get the necessary work done.

Back
Top Bottom