• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phoenix April ratings

What about Camel Country hes down to 2.1 in ratings share not good. KNIX rebounded to 4.8 looks like KNIX stole some of their audience share.

KTAR FM almost doubled their ratings since February, to 3rd place.
One word: BROOMHEAD.

Make that two words: Broomhead & Coronavirus as Nurse Jeff and I called it back on March 1st:

The Nurse and I wuz thinking that of all the over the air stations in the Valley, KTAR is in a great position. Coronavirus mania; an in your face election year; and talkers that now are aligned with what local listeners want. If it's a perfect storm, 92~Three is right in the middle of it.

KFYI benefitted as well, up from 3.4 to 4.7. KJZZ didn't gain any traction, though.

KJZZ didn't gain any traction, though.

There are a bunch of NPR stations around the country that haven't capitalized on the mania.

I'm wondering if it's their reliance of sticking with the format and regular shows, rather than pre-empting for more coverage of the virus.

And KTAR's ratings are based on Weekday listenership (well, I take it that the mid-day snoozefest drops them a little bit), because I can imagine some of the weekend brokered shows getting no listeners at all.

And the sports stations haven't moved much either despite a lack of sports to cover (no word on The Fanatic, since they don't subscribe and their numbers don't get published).

Also, The Wow Factor is no longer Riviera's biggest problem station.

What about Camel Country hes down to 2.1 in ratings share not good. KNIX rebounded to 4.8 looks like KNIX stole some of their audience share.

Wow. I'm pretty sure they haven't been this low in the ratings since they were a struggling upstart trying to take on the Owens' juggernaut. 30 years ago.

There are a bunch of NPR stations around the country that haven't capitalized on the mania.

I'm wondering if it's their reliance of sticking with the format and regular shows, rather than pre-empting for more coverage of the virus.

Connecticut's WNPR supports that theory. It hasn't pre-empted anything, lazily sticking to its schedule of national shows throughout. Its lone local show, Colin McEnroe's, is more of a featurey arts-heavy program and has been mostly in reruns during the crisis. Its ratings slipped noticeably in the just-release "meaningless" figures. (LOL, yet we all discuss them as though they mean something, don't we?)

WTIC(AM) is doing nicely and does have substantial daily blocks of news to balance out its lineup of Trump-friendly talk.

KTAR FM almost doubled their ratings since February, to 3rd place.
One word: BROOMHEAD.

Is it me, or is Broomhead trying too hard to be "moderate"? It's fair to say he's anything but that.

Frankly, I don't think KTAR is moderate either, even though it wants its listeners to think it is. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom