• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio Ratings: January 2024

I find the fact Q102 only having a half share lead over WPST more interesting. Granted, things might look quite different once demo breakouts are examined. Pretty pitiful that they hold only a minor lead over a Trenton station in the Philly book.

In terms of beauty pageant share in PPM markets, Q102 might be iHM's weakest performing CHR brand in the company.
WZFT in Baltimore has that title

Top 5+ demo rankings analysis from Research Director, Inc./XTrends:

25-54: 1. WMMR 2. WBEB 3. WMGK 4T. WTDY 4T. WIP 6. WXTU
_______ 7. WUSL (down from #3) 8T. WDAS (down from #4) 8T. WBEN-FM
18-34: 1. WUSL 2. WMMR 3. WMGK 4. WBEB (down from #1) 5. WXTU
18-49: 1. WMMR 2. WUSL 3. WBEB 4. WIP 5T. WTDY
_______ 5T. WMGK 5T. WXTU (up from #8) 10. WDAS (down from #4)
Remarkably good results for 96.5!

Audacy is stomping Q with TDY. I have been rooting for TDY. Impressive. The 96.5 frequency hasn’t done this well in a very long time.

And I’m over here enjoying 95.7 HD2’s WJBR AC mix. I enjoy listening to that station. If it was on a preset, they would compete with the B considering their mix of music. I must be that .01 that was listening. 😂

Audacy is stomping Q with TDY. I have been rooting for TDY. Impressive. The 96.5 frequency hasn’t done this well in a very long time.
To my ears, WTDY's library is preferable to that of Q102. (And I'm not at all a fan of those two who gab on Q102 all afternoon.) That having been said, I'm probably just about done knowing about these things. The only reason I have heard terrestrial radio over the past few years is because I had a 2021 Chevy Spark which took 3-4 minutes to connect to my phone and play my own music, so I sometimes didn't bother and just settled for the radio. Yesterday, I traded in the Chevy for a 2023 Kia Rio S (that's the hatchback). I put in my usual pre-sets (adding 95.7 HD2, because Kia offers HD radio, while Chevrolet does not), but the Kia connects to my phone immediately and starts playing my music. So from now on, as far as terrestrial goes, I'll have to rely on the ears of all you fine folks!

Top 5+ demo rankings analysis from Research Director, Inc./XTrends:

25-54: 1. WMMR 2. WBEB 3. WMGK 4T. WTDY 4T. WIP 6. WXTU
_______ 7. WUSL (down from #3) 8T. WDAS (down from #4) 8T. WBEN-FM
18-34: 1. WUSL 2. WMMR 3. WMGK 4. WBEB (down from #1) 5. WXTU
18-49: 1. WMMR 2. WUSL 3. WBEB 4. WIP 5T. WTDY
_______ 5T. WMGK 5T. WXTU (up from #8) 10. WDAS (down from #4)
Where is 104.5 in this breakdown I don’t see it

Back
Top Bottom