• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phil Hendrie back on in Miami?

This popped up on the Phil Hendrie show twitter page, run by the staff:

"Hey Miami fans... guess what world famous show will be on live in your city soon?"

Phil's show returned to a comedy format roughly 3 months ago, and is still syndicated by TRN-FM. Now who could possibly play his show in the area? WIOD? They probably have to play Coast to Coast AM until the day the station dies. WINZ is all sports now so unlikely. WFTL is looking likely.

I have a 790 the ticket insider who confirms
Phil Hendrie Show, starting next week, will be heard LIVE in beautiful Miami FL on WAXY 790 AM Weekday mornings From 1- 4 AM

Adding a talent like Phil Hendrie to the lineup only solidifies 790 the Ticket’s standing as the destination station for outstanding radio,” said PD Marc Hochman. “Radio fans have long called for Hendrie’s return to the South Florida airwaves on a nightly basis and we’re giving the audience what they want.”
790 the Ticket is currently home to the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz, which airs 3-7 p.m. weekdays. It has become the highest-rated sports talk show in the history of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale market, according to the most recent Arbitron ratings.

If WAXY's doing so well as one of three sports stations, why does it feel compelled to add non-sports talk programming such as Phil Hendrie and Cigar Dave?

smedge2006 said:
If WAXY's doing so well as one of three sports stations, why does it feel compelled to add non-sports talk programming such as Phil Hendrie and Cigar Dave?

Slowly transitioning out of sports? There's just so much sports radio in Miami-FTL.

I'm glad they picked up Cigar Dave. WIOD was his first syndicated affiliate, and after over a decade of airing his show, they drop it for infomercials.

I heard 790 is in talks with Neil about coming back on the air. Anybody know anything about this?

That's not going to happen. Neil is still under a 5 year contract and he is still employed by 'QAM as a "Consultant". He's getting paid. I don't think he will never come back on the air.

jbrasco951 said:
That's not going to happen. Neil is still under a 5 year contract and he is still employed by 'QAM as a "Consultant". He's getting paid. I don't think he will never come back on the air.

Contracts are meant to be broken and I am sure Neil and 790 would just love to rub QAM's nose in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom