• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Peter Finch's last day on KFOG

recto101

Inactive
Inactive User
Good luck to Peter Finch in finding life after KFOG. By the way Dave Morey made a special appearance on KFOG today at 7:00 am.

Assume his contract was not renewed. Too bad. The younger, cheaper replacement has accordingly dumbed down the KFOG Morning Show. I suppose it's an inevitable part of of shifting of the KFOG demographics. How much longer can the other veterans continue to hang on at KFOG?

KCPR_Sound of SLO said:
Assume his contract was not renewed. Too bad. The younger, cheaper replacement has accordingly dumbed down the KFOG Morning Show. I suppose it's an inevitable part of of shifting of the KFOG demographics. How much longer can the other veterans continue to hang on at KFOG?

They REALLY went out of their way to have him say it was his own choice, "other opportunties" are beckoning, etc etc. But even before he left the emphasis on news had shifted; they had him doing "conversational" newscasts, one or 2 stories delivered in a "oh by the way didja hear about...?" manner rather than the structured 'casts he'd been doing for the last 18 years. Renee Richardson has been doing a similar shtick on the afternoon show for the past month or so; it's clearly the PD's choice.

This week begins a parade of week-long auditions by various newsfolk. KRON's Marty Gonzalez used to be the go-to substitute when Peter was off, but I guess he's too old-school (and expensive) to be considered now.

Longtime Fogheads are movin' on...
I think Peter's going to pop up on KGO - Cumulus owns both stations...

Sam VZ said:

Sam,

On the "KGO fires..." thread, somebody stated yesterday that Peter Finch announced he would, in fact, be starting at KGO on Monday. Perhaps Cumulus is hoping to bring in some Fogheads who will think of Peter and KGO when they want news. But most of the KFOG fans I know (baby boomers, like me), go to KQED for news and info.

Lkeller said:
Sam VZ said:

Sam,

On the "KGO fires..." thread, somebody stated yesterday that Peter Finch announced he would, in fact, be starting at KGO on Monday. Perhaps Cumulus is hoping to bring in some Fogheads who will think of Peter and KGO when they want news. But most of the KFOG fans I know (baby boomers, like me), go to KQED for news and info.

What about John Evans on KCBS he once did news updates for KFRC 610, DJ for KKSF 103.7 and KDFC 102.1 until KCBS went to FM and he fit in well. However for Finch i'm not convinced that he will fit in for KGO-AM 810. I see Finch as somebody that Alice 97.3 FM KLLC would want to have.

recto101 said:
Good luck to Peter Finch in finding life after KFOG. By the way Dave Morey made a special appearance on KFOG today at 7:00 am.
I missed it...Dang It!!! Gonna Miss Peter on 104.5 though :-[

I hope this means more of Peter Finch on Broadway!

His live stage presentation endeavors in San Francisco over the years have never failed to contain his unique spirit of mirthful spontaneous eruption, each play colored with his joyous mischievous ticks, which seem, always, just on the verge of laughing out loud.

Lkeller said:
Sam VZ said:

Sam,

I'm not a Foghead - great station, and my wife's favorite. When it comes to news, Peter Finch is one of the best, especially for a younger demo in my opinion. Good luck to him...

RadioStarOne said:
Peter doing the news for 5 hours a night, geeez that is going to get old really fast!

Maybe for Peter. But for the rest of us, 22 minutes is all it takes, right? Then it's all repetition, anyway - Assuming KGO will be following the regular News Radio model.

Lkeller said:
RadioStarOne said:
Peter doing the news for 5 hours a night, geeez that is going to get old really fast!

Maybe for Peter. But for the rest of us, 22 minutes is all it takes, right? Then it's all repetition, anyway - Assuming KGO will be following the regular News Radio model.

That's if KGO follows the KFWB/WINS model or the WEMP model.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom