• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pete Davidson, Kate McKinnon, Kyle Mooney and Aidy Bryant Depart SNL

News of the "SNL" departures came Friday but were more tangible with tender moments during Saturday's episode. Before the show, Davidson said his goodbyes in a touching post on "SNL" writer Dave Sirus' Instagram page. McKinnon waved goodbye to the audience in the opening sketch under the guise that she was being abducted by aliens, Mooney appeared in many of the night's sketches and trend forecaster Bryant said her time on the show was "in."
Each comedian has been a fixture on the long-running NBC sketch show, which broadcasts live and features celebrity hosts. Davidson, 28, started on "SNL" in 2014 as one of its youngest cast members; McKinnon in 2012; Mooney in 2013 and Bryant in 2012.

It's been years since I actually sat through an episode of SNL, but I will sometimes read the reviews the next day or a few days later and go back and watch individual sketches that were supposedly really funny or noteworthy. IMO the biggest loss of all these cast members will be Kate McKinnon. For the first few years when she and Ady Bryant first joined the show, they weren't in many sketches and it almost felt the show didn't know what to do with them. However, McKinnon ended up really breaking out and proved herself to be incredibly versatile, playing everyone from Ellen DeGeneres, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Hillary Clinton to Rudy Giulliani and Jeff Sessions...Along with a few characters of her own creation. She played elderly ladies especially convincingly IMO.

I don't like Kate but you can't deny she does impressions very well.

The show won't be the same without Aidy. She was my favorite female cast member.

I don't want to lose Pete either.

Kyle who?

A better question is: why was it EVER on the air?
They've done some brilliant stuff over the years. I'm just sorry I waited until they had prime time reruns of the previous week's episode back in 2013 to start watching. Then they changed that to classic episodes.

They've had some good shows in the past few years.
Mainly when there is a talented actor/comedian as the host.
The recent one with 'Lizzo', she was just reading the cue cards.
Whenever John Mulaney is on, it will be great.

I usually recorded in on my MythTV DVR, the play it on Sunday, skipping commercials or skits/musical guests, that I don't want to continue to watch. Usually get the 1 1/2 hours done in about 40 minutes.

To me NBC should just move SNL to 8:30-10pm ET/PT and leave 11:35-1am to the NBC stations.
They could never get away with doing some of their more racy material and sketches in that earlier slot. As it is, they already hold some of their more "adult-oriented" stuff to air well past midnight.

It airs live in the west with the recorded airing on the usual slot, but that’s just replacing otherwise worthless Saturday night wasteland programs.

They could never get away with doing some of their more racy material and sketches in that earlier slot. As it is, they already hold some of their more "adult-oriented" stuff to air well past midnight.
They do warn up with the prime time rerun, but do they clean that up?

Incidentally, what is the significance of "Ten seconds .... FIVE SECONDS!"?

Incidentally, what is the significance of "Ten seconds .... FIVE SECONDS!"?
It sounds like it's John Belushi. He must have done it once and it popped the live crowd? Or maybe that was his signature intro to the live crowd?

It sounds like it's John Belushi. He must have done it once and it popped the live crowd? Or maybe that was his signature intro to the live crowd?
It sounds more like Bill Murray to me. The voice cadence has a very Meatballs/Stripes vibe when the main characters in those two movies did their monologue to hype the campers/troop.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom