• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Paul Magers is not as KCBS/KCAL Los Angeles off

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/2/1/anchor-bloodbath-at-kcbs

Wow also included in the article is Rick Garcia taking Magers evening spot and former KTTV Anchor Jeff Michael Moving to KCAL/KCBS.

Paul, brother of Ron Magers, longtime star anchor in Chicago, is an excellent talent. Must be something in the genes. Don't know what is going on there, but he should be given the benefit of the doubt here. I hope he will be back, and likely will be. I would wish him the best.

Both Paul and his brother Ron Magers achieved great success as news anchors. Paul in LA, and Ron in Chicago. Both grew up in Eastern Washington State and attended Washington State University but someone can correct me. (Just a nod to how many greats have come out of that school, including Edward R. Murrow, and Keith Jackson, among others.)

A career should not be judged on some personal setbacks. I understand it is in the public domain, but we should look at their overall accomplishments, not some personal issues that most of us encounter at times.

Both Paul and his brother Ron Magers achieved great success as news anchors. Paul in LA, and Ron in Chicago. Both grew up in Eastern Washington State and attended Washington State University but someone can correct me. (Just a nod to how many greats have come out of that school, including Edward R. Murrow, and Keith Jackson, among others.)

A career should not be judged on some personal setbacks. I understand it is in the public domain, but we should look at their overall accomplishments, not some personal issues that most of us encounter at times.

Another on air "talent" done in by the bottle? I wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back? Normally these types of things are preceded by a history of misconduct. Was an intervention made, and if yes by who? I noticed awhile ago that he seemed to have a slight slur to his speech during his pm broadcast.

He had the coziest job in the world. Sit on your arse and read words written by other people while collecting a huge paycheck. How do you become a boozy with a job like that? Just bored?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom