• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Patriotic Country

Country has always done a great job with patriotic music over the years. There's lots of songs that give you that "proud to be American" feeling. There's lots of "year-round" patriotic songs like:

Only In America-Brooks and Dunn
It's America-Rodney Atkins
Everyday America-Sugarland

There are some songs that are just played around the 4th of July/Memorial Day, etc., like:

Some Gave All-Billy Ray Cyrus
God Bless The U.S.A.-Lee Greenwood
American Trilogy-Elvis
In America-Charlie Daniels

I'm featuring some of these songs on my web station this weekend. Got me to thinking-How's over-the-air country radio doing so far this weekend? Have you been hearing any of those "4th of July only" type patriotic songs? Any July 4th specials planed?

Speaking of that, growing up, country stations used to (at least in my hometowns) stop the regular format and play nothing but patriotic music at around 9 PM in conjunction with the local fireworks show(s). Last year, around 9p, I did some channel surfing, and I believe I found ONE station on the entire dial playing patriotic music at 9. (And this was an AM Adult Standards station, not Country.) Does anyone still do the "patriotic music coordinated with fireworks" on the 4th? I sure hope so! I miss that.

I feel better now. I checked tonight, and there were several stations (Country and other formats) doing the "fireworks" patriotic music at 9. This is a tradition I hope will continue on radio for years to come.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom