• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Padres Radio KFMB info needed

Binkyboy

Inactive
Inactive User
I used to listen to the Padres on KFMB some years back. There used to be a couple of gentlemen who used to comeon after the game and talk Baseball, etc. One was much older than the other. Ater the baseball talk the older gentleman would play Jazz, Frank Sinatra etc....Does anyone know who the gentlemen was? And where he is now? I would sure appreciate any help.

Thank You,
Bink

Bink:

The gentlemen was the late Rod Page, a San Diego legend. Rod's career included mornings at KFMB in the early 60's, KPRI when it was known as "Capri By The Sea", KSDO, KDEO, & KCBQ. Rod knew Frank Sinatra and was a musical purist and expert on Standards & Jazz. Rod also did color for the SD CHargers in the early days. He
was very successful as a pitchman and voice for a number of commercials, he had his own agency and he also had a temper and the fists to prove his point as they danced on more than one sales managers head. Rod passed away in 2000. He was a true character and is missed.

Rod Page has a very homey, campy, and always did an extraordinary show. It was tuning in and hearing a bunch of guys talkin' sports, playing Frank, and (probably) inviting Jack, Jim, and other adult flavors.

Rod had a falling out with adult standard KPOP in 2000.

He did commercials for car dealers and one in Santa Barbara used his voice for a couple of years after Rod left to join the Ratpack.

Yeah, he was an old school radio pro that is dearly missed.

Rod page...thats the fella. I am very sorry to hear of his passing. What great guy to listen to. I will never foget that guy....oooooold friend. I used to love the music he played. I will surely miss him. I live in central Cal so the radio would fade in and out but boy when it was on I loved every minute. Thank all of you for the memories.

Bink

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom