• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Overheard on NOW

Yesterday: Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Today: Outkast - Hey Ya

Z107.7 isn't the finest CHR I've ever heard... but good grief, Emmis!

Got it figured out a little... NOW is doing some sort of throwback segment during the noon hour called "Then and Now", which appears to be older songs, but not exactly CHR material. According to the station's playlist, today's "Then and Now" lunch featured "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden, "Leaving Las Vegas" by Sheryl Crow, and "Been Caught Stealin'" by Jane's Addiction.

It's never been easy for me to consider KNOU a CHR... but it would seem to me like this segment makes the station straddle the line between Adult CHR and Adult Hits... if that's even possible.

Y-107 in Columbia/Jefferson City has been doing a "Retro Lunch" for at least 15 years. It's not a rare feature for a CHR, even if it's less common than it used to be. While it won't make my 12 year-old niece listen (she's still a Z-107.7 fan), she's not in their target audience either. They're after the 25-34 year old women with the retro. My wife is a tad younger than I am, and the 90's and the first five years of the new millennium are still the glory days of music to her.

And, yes, KNOU has always been a more adult skewing CHR. Even though my wife is exactly who 96.3 is after, her ears gravitate toward 100.3 as soon as we get into its listening range. She flips between 100.3, 98.1 and 99.1 in St. Louis, and she'll go to Fly or The Pulse on SXM if they're not playing what she likes.

See and I thought Z1077 had a slight adult leaning as well compared to most Iheart top 40 stations. Most of those tend to be newer leaning as compared to Z107 and bit more dance/techno stuff mixed in with specialized electronic shows on Saturday nights. KIIS actually does it every day at lunch as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom