• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Our Remote NPR Stations Christmas Programming Plans

In hours where KSKO has a local DJ (8 to 9am and 12noon to 4pm) weekdays or automated music (a few hours here and there scattered about the weekend and evening, we'll start playing 1 christmas song per hour December 2nd. Then December 12th, we'll kick it up to 2 songs an hour.

The week of December 20th, we'll be airing radio plays/programs from a local theatre group and several local schools in the evening hours. On Friday December 23rd, we'll do a special request/dedication/Christmas show 12noon to 4pm and from 2 to 4pm, it'll be simulcast on 100kw WRMI 5850 or 7570khz covering all of the US and Canada along with Spaceline Bulgaria's 300kw 5900khz shortwave transmitter covering all of Europe and Beyond.

Then December 24th at 12noon until Monday December 26th at 6am, it'll be non stop Christmas music. No news, or weather.. just music, with greetings from our staff, board members and of course, Santa.

People can stream us online at www.kskopublicradio.com and if they have any questions, they can email me personally, [email protected]. I'm paying for the SW airtime out of my own pocket, costing about $500 simply because I enjoy the magic and mystery of radio waves and I want to spread a little nerdy Christmas cheer!

In hours where KSKO has a local DJ (8 to 9am and 12noon to 4pm) weekdays or automated music (a few hours here and there scattered about the weekend and evening, we'll start playing 1 christmas song per hour December 2nd. Then December 12th, we'll kick it up to 2 songs an hour.

The week of December 20th, we'll be airing radio plays/programs from a local theatre group and several local schools in the evening hours. On Friday December 23rd, we'll do a special request/dedication/Christmas show 12noon to 4pm and from 2 to 4pm, it'll be simulcast on 100kw WRMI 5850 or 7570khz covering all of the US and Canada along with Spaceline Bulgaria's 300kw 5900khz shortwave transmitter covering all of Europe and Beyond.

Then December 24th at 12noon until Monday December 26th at 6am, it'll be non stop Christmas music. No news, or weather.. just music, with greetings from our staff, board members and of course, Santa.

People can stream us online at www.kskopublicradio.com and if they have any questions, they can email me personally, [email protected]. I'm paying for the SW airtime out of my own pocket, costing about $500 simply because I enjoy the magic and mystery of radio waves and I want to spread a little nerdy Christmas cheer!
Don't you mean 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday December 23rd.? I hope to listen to it. Thank you.

Curious, what's the sentiment around the holidays in that part of Alaska? People in the Northeast USA (New York/New England areas) where they only get a few bigger snow falls per year appreciate decorating for Christmas and listening to holiday music, and people in areas like Florida who grew up in the northern states probably listen to it for sentimental reasons more than anything - but when you live in Alaska where it's cold for months and you live in nearly 'round the clock darkness for part of the year, do people there get tired of the months of cold and snow and care much about Christmas music, for instance?

Don't you mean 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday December 23rd.? I hope to listen to it. Thank you.
No, im not on friday nights for the time being while were short staffed

Curious, what's the sentiment around the holidays in that part of Alaska? People in the Northeast USA (New York/New England areas) where they only get a few bigger snow falls per year appreciate decorating for Christmas and listening to holiday music, and people in areas like Florida who grew up in the northern states probably listen to it for sentimental reasons more than anything - but when you live in Alaska where it's cold for months and you live in nearly 'round the clock darkness for part of the year, do people there get tired of the months of cold and snow and care much about Christmas music, for instance?

i get the sense at least where i am, most people like the holidays, but they dont wanna be beat to death by it, if that makes sense

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom