• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

One Audacy host left

Very interesting rumors reported on radioinsight.com this afternoon, which if true, could bring major programming changes to at least two Audacy-owned signals in the market within the coming days. I'll leave it at that. Subscribe to Lance's terrific site if you want the full details.

Very interesting rumors reported on radioinsight.com this afternoon, which if true, could bring major programming changes to at least two Audacy-owned signals in the market within the coming days. I'll leave it at that. Subscribe to Lance's terrific site if you want the full details.

Interesting hint in the picture provided by Mr. Venta. Could we see an FM simulcast for the Score? That would be huge.

Interesting hint in the picture provided by Mr. Venta. Could we see an FM simulcast for the Score? That would be huge.
How does Chicago of all places not have sports already on FM? L.A. and/or Miami I could understand. Either way the two FMs in question make a decent amount of money and/or have good enough ratings. Is the right time to make this move?

How does Chicago of all places not have sports already on FM? L.A. and/or Miami I could understand. Either way the two FMs in question make a decent amount of money and/or have good enough ratings. Is the right time to make this move?

Chicago had Sports on FM. 87.7 WGWG. It didn't last more than a year. Here's an infamous video:

As for the AMs, they are really good signals. Especially 670. We're talking a major 50kw AM signal, probably the best of the major AMs in Chicago. People don't have any problems listening there. WSCR worked it's way up to that frequency. It started on the 820 frequency, which was a daytimer. Then it went to the 1160 frequency (Which before Salem upgraded it, had a terrible nighttime signal) and it replaced WMAQ in 2000. In general, it has not had trouble getting ratings without the FM.

Some AMs have trouble getting ratings without the FM for one reason or the other. WSCR was not usually one of them.

All I am going to say is this, I hate to say it but I saw this coming a mile away.

Then it went to the 1160 frequency (Which before Salem upgraded it, had a terrible nighttime signal) and it replaced WMAQ in 2000. In general, it has not had trouble getting ratings without the FM.

I've been reading that Audacy would like to sell the tower property for 670. I don't know how much it's worth. But the comments I've ready is that moving the tower would affect the signal.

Audacy is running out of money. It wouldn’t surprise me if the ax comes for even their most successful stations just to try to generate a few more dollars in savings.
If you’re inclined, go subscribe to RadioInsight. But without giving it away, it is frankly a no-brainer at this point and I had called these moves months ago and was laughed off. I don’t want to gloat but it was obvious then as it is now, regardless of Audacy’s financial situation.

P.S. this does not involve XRT. I don’t know why some people have it in their heads that Audacy would just dump it for no reason.

If you’re inclined, go subscribe to RadioInsight. But without giving it away, it is frankly a no-brainer at this point and I had called these moves months ago and was laughed off. I don’t want to gloat but it was obvious then as it is now, regardless of Audacy’s financial situation.

P.S. this does not involve XRT. I don’t know why some people have it in their heads that Audacy would just dump it for no reason.
I didn’t mean to suggest that XRT is a goner. Just that it wouldn’t surprise me that the cuts/changes will eventually happen even at the high performing stations. That’s different from outright predicting a specific station’s demise.

I was noticing something with one of the stations last week. I mentioned it on another board last week as I was noticing it. This seems to explain what I was noticing.

While it's a good bet that WSCR will begin to be simulcast on either 96.3 or 104.3, I can't see even with the tower site value that they would take both 670 and 780 silent at least at this time. Then again, it's Audacy so anything is possible.

While it's a good bet that WSCR will begin to be simulcast on either 96.3 or 104.3, I can't see even with the tower site value that they would take both 670 and 780 silent at least at this time. Then again, it's Audacy so anything is possible.

I doubt they'll take them silent, but as we've seen with Cumulus, any changing of transmitter sites usually leads to a decrease in signal. Since WSCR and WBBM share a transmitter site, and WBBM already has an FM simulcast, they might want to do something for WSCR before making any changes.

The Cubs season opener is Thursday. A Tuesday or Wednesday launch? Then how soon will espn Radio simulcast on 100.3?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom