• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

On my way...

Folks, I understand that this is a pretty low-traffic forum and there are "competing" forums elsewhere. I just wanna let you all know that chances are I will be moving my little family to Utah by the end of the year.

I was in the business when I was in my late teens but now am just a wanna-be. I really want to get back into things and heck a board-op or weekender shift would be perfect. I love radio and while my real job with a certain chip manufacturer would be my real job, I'd be flexible somewhat.

I vacationed there this summer and got to listen to Jack-FM for the first time. I also enjoyed KSOP and is it POP-FM that has the auto-backsell turned on? That channel was great too.

Can someone provide some links to the other forums or good radio-chatter sites that would cover UT? We will probably settle in somewhere near Riverton or Sandy-ish areas.

Thanks!

-Timmy<P ID="signature">______________
Perfection is overrated...
www.marinifamily.org</P>

> Folks, I understand that this is a pretty low-traffic forum
> and there are "competing" forums elsewhere. I just wanna let
> you all know that chances are I will be moving my little
> family to Utah by the end of the year.

Welcome. Glad to have you.

> I vacationed there this summer and got to listen to Jack-FM
> for the first time. I also enjoyed KSOP and is it POP-FM
> that has the auto-backsell turned on? That channel was great
> too.

The auto-backsell was probably My 99.5. It's a Jack-ish automation format. POP-FM got buried a couple of weeks ago anyway.

> Try the following
>
> www.saltlakeradio.com (most active)
> www.radiogrind.com (semi active)
> www.utahradioonline.com (new)
>
> these are all local sites
>

It's official. I'll be there the week before Christmas. I'm so pumped to get out of Calllyfourneeyahh! Whats the status on LPFM's out there? Anything worth getting a toe in the chain link fence?

-Timmy<P ID="signature">______________
Perfection is overrated...
www.marinifamily.org</P>

> Whats the status on LPFM's out there?

You'd have a better chance of catching a snowman on the sun than an LPFM in the Salt Lake Valley.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom